We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

group vay-cay in march

Canada
Level Contributor
136 posts
Save Topic
group vay-cay in march

Hello everyone,

A group of 6-10of us are planning a trip for 1week in march. We've been to Mexico a number of times and are looking for somethin new. Food and beach are high on the must haves. Some would like to go to Costa Rica but I'm not sure our $2000 pp budget will cut it. Any suggestions?

We are planning on flying out of montreal. Thanks in advance

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
26,789 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: group vay-cay in march

Jamaica, the Dominican Republic, the Bahamas, Barbados.....the Caribbean is nice that time of year......check with an on-line Travel Agent like Expedia.....enter your dates of travel, departure location and budget, and see what comes up...you may be surprised...

idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
Level Contributor
10,460 posts
435 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: group vay-cay in march

have you thought of thailand...great inexpensive accomadations...great food, and lots of culture.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
26,789 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: group vay-cay in march

Hmmm.... a flight duration of 21 hours each way plus customs clearance and travel time to a resort for a one week vacation ..that's quite a commitment...I'm not sure the OP and his 10 friends are prepared for that........

Edited: 11 February 2013, 23:43
idaho
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,460 posts
435 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: group vay-cay in march

lets be civil...this is a travel forum..suggestions for all.

who knows the op?? this forum is for SUGGESTIONS and all should be considered...

thalland is a commitment but so worth it..been there?

Edited: 12 February 2013, 00:13
Canada
Level Contributor
136 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: group vay-cay in march

I'd love to visit Thailand however I feel I would need more than one week to do it right.

I am familair with the online travel sites, I guess I'm looking for suggestions for places people have visited. I've been to DR and it was ok. Cuba was nice but the food wasn't the best. Mexico is great but we would like to try something new.

idaho
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,460 posts
435 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: group vay-cay in march

when you have time and want to visit thailand...just let us know...fabulous, and INEXPENSIVE i dream of the food! snorkeling was about the best i have even done!!

7. Re: group vay-cay in march

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 08 May 2015, 14:05
Canada
Level Contributor
136 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: group vay-cay in march

We're leaning towards AI but renting a condo/small house isn't out of the question

9. Re: group vay-cay in march

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 08 May 2015, 14:05
10. Re: group vay-cay in march

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 February 2014, 07:15
Get answers to your questions