We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I am overwhelmed!

Moorestown, New...
Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Topic
I am overwhelmed!

So, as I am researching where to go for our vacation in may(somewhere Caribbean. Budget:$3500, 7days, fly outta Philly)my boyfriend says, "how about we save up money longer and go somewhere really cool?" So of course Tanzania, French Polynesia and Maldives shoot through my brain. He doesnt care about the caribbean much but he knows I need turqoise water and beaches ASAP. My hope is to go somewhere that has great or just decent wildlife and also has amazing beaches. So lets say we save up to 6k. What are some destinations you guys would suggest?

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
21,070 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I am overwhelmed!

If you can give up white sand, think about going to Costa Rica. It's actually quite affordable too.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
16,636 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I am overwhelmed!

I agree with Costa Rica for the "adventure" and wildlife aspect. It is pretty awesome and a long journey from most US hubs. Keep in mind that late May - early June get a little sketchy because rainy season begins. Also, as mentioned, the beaches are not white sand and water is not beautiful turquoise. But, you can drive for miles on the coastal road and just pull off the road and enjoy; especially in the Jaco / Manual Antonio area.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
16,636 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I am overwhelmed!

Ugh...I meant to say "not" a long journey from most US hubs.

Bonaire
Destination Expert
for Bonaire
Level Contributor
2,475 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I am overwhelmed!

I hate to say it, but I agree with your BF. Go to the Maldives or French Polynesia.

If you need to go ASAP, I suggest St. John or Roatan. Costa Rica is amazing as a destination as well.

Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: I am overwhelmed!

How about the Exumas in The Bahamas? Not sure about the wildlife though. Another thing I was considering before was St. Maarten- Anguilla- Dominica (not necessarily in that order) + whatever else I can fit. :)

Laguna Niguel...
Level Contributor
168 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I am overwhelmed!

St. John for sure. Fly into St. Thomas and take the ferry. Tahiti waaayyyy to expensive! Maldives..forgetabouit (for $3500). Seriously, it would cost that much just for the airfare! St. John and hang at Caneel Bay. St. John has the most beautiful beaches I've ever been to. Equal to Bora Bora & Moorea in Tahiti.

7. Re: I am overwhelmed!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 April 2014, 06:18
Get answers to your questions