We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions please! :-)

UK
Level Contributor
24 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Suggestions please! :-)

I have been saving up my clubcard points over the past years and have just converted them to Virgin airmiles. This has allowed me to look into a long awaited break abroad.

I have no idea on these wonderful destinations, so looking for guidance on the following destinations on weather in June/ july (want hot and sunny!), value and relaxability (really needing a lovely beach break)

Destinations we can get to are:

Antigua

Barbados

Cancun

Grenada

St Lucia

Tobago

Would love to hear suggestions on any of these for June/ july and any hotel suggestions please :-)

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
16,877 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions please! :-)

I think all can offer you a nice beach and "relaxability", but you might want to pay attention to location. Specifically, I'm thinking of the typical tropical storm patterns in the Gulf. Having said that, are there any more criteria or factors in your decision?? Like foodie options or exploring or adventure (like ziplining) or maybe eco or nature (like wildlife)... anything like that? What about budget for hotels/resorts? What do you want to actually do on your trip? Because all are decent beach locations.

2. Re: Suggestions please! :-)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 07 May 2015, 15:34
Bonaire
Destination Expert
for Bonaire
Level Contributor
2,480 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggestions please! :-)

Barbados is in the hurricane belt. However, most hurricanes pass to the north.

What are you looking to do on vacation?

UK
Level Contributor
24 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suggestions please! :-)

So i guess it would be best to avoid going to these places in June/ July. We would hate to have another ruiened holiday. Thanks for your advice on that! Im thinking maybe we should push it back to October/ November time- am i right in thinking the carribean may be better at this time?

Looking for a total relax. Beach, sun, decent weather. Dont mind hot. Would love to be able to swim in sea, so areas with still-ish / warm sea would be preferred.

We are both in 30's so maybe a little entertainment in the evenings

with regards to hotel, something safe, clean and budget wise, about £80-100 night.

would prefer to go AI so that we do not have the worry of saving additional spending money, but not adverse to hearing from any recommendations that differ from this.

Thanks again for the posts so far, really appreciate it! xx

Bonaire
Destination Expert
for Bonaire
Level Contributor
2,480 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Suggestions please! :-)

Take a look at Barbados - especially the hotels on the south and west coasts. Hotels near The Gap on the south coast are close to restaurants and bars and have a nice white sand beach.

idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
Level Contributor
10,670 posts
439 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Suggestions please! :-)

personally, i would travel oct/nov...better weather.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Beach Vacations
Level Contributor
1,699 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Suggestions please! :-)

Hurricane season for the Atlantic/Caribbean is from June 1 through November 30, so neither timeframe you menitioned is outside that period. Typically, the middle part of hurricane season is the worst, so if you went early in June or late in November, there is less likelihood of a hurricane.

Of the destinations you noted, there are a good number of AI resorts in Antigua, Cancun and St. Lucia. Cancun (or other areas in the Riveria Maya) will offer the most choices at the lowest prices for the quality level (i.e., a comparable resort in Mexcio will be cheaper than the same quality resort in St. Lucia). You may find prices lower in Oct/Nov versus June/July, because Oct/Nov is low season in the Caribbean until around Thanksgiving.

If cruises are of interest to you, that may be an option to consider since they have some flexibility to change itineraries if there are storms in the area.

8. Re: Suggestions please! :-)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 March 2014, 04:16