We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All Inclusive Beach Resorts NOT in Mexico.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
5 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
All Inclusive Beach Resorts NOT in Mexico.

One of my best vacations was at an all inclusive in Cancun. But given the large numbers of murders in Mexico, I'm not going back. So, I'm looking for alternatives. I would like it to be on the water so I could use tho ocean and the pool. I would love it if it was in the States. But, I'm open to any suggestions. Thanks!

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
16,533 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: All Inclusive Beach Resorts NOT in Mexico.

First, I disagree with your claim that there are "large numbers" of murders in tourist areas of Mexico. There are also large numbers of murders in the USA, probably Dallas. And if you consider areas near Cancun, Riviera Maya, or Cabo - the numbers further dispute your claim. I'm not sure what exactly you are looking for, since you only say "on the water" and AI. I could point you to lots of spots in Florida that have everything you want, but are not AI. How about buy some snacks and drinks, scout out some good restaurants; and make your own AI by renting a condo or going to a non-AI resort? To specifically answer your question, I think the spots in the Caribbean that have the most "Westernized" mega-AI resorts are in the Dominican Republic, Turks & Caicos, and Jamaica. If you'd consider smaller subsets, try Aruba or Barbados. Costa Rica might work for a more adventure oriented trip, but watch out rainy season, since you don't share when you plan to go.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
5 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: All Inclusive Beach Resorts NOT in Mexico.

Wow! You don't have to be so negative. You may want to check your facts again about the murders in the tourist areas of Mexico. You may want to visit law enforcement websites and check out your facts.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Beach Vacations
Level Contributor
1,675 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: All Inclusive Beach Resorts NOT in Mexico.

Setting aside the issue of crime in Mexico, the two key points I would make in response to your original post (and that I think bk_11 was suggesting as well) are:

1) Your stated preference for an all inclusive beach resort in the US will be difficult to meet since there really aren't many of them. In Florida, there is the Club Med Sandpiper, and there might be a few options in the USVI. Please refer to this website for more information (or do a google search; that's how I found this website): allinclusiveoutlet.com/vacation-planning/…

2) You did not provide any details that would allow people to idenfity all inclusives outside the US (presumably the Caribbean) that would be good fits for your needs. Details that would enable people to provide better recommendations include:

- Who is travelling (Adults only (couple, friends), familiy with small children, etc.)

- Timeframe for trip

- Length of trip

- Budget for trip

- Style and quality of hotel desired

- Activities that you want available at the resort

- Activites that you want available outside the resort

- Any other places you DON''T want to go besidess Mexico

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
16,533 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: All Inclusive Beach Resorts NOT in Mexico.

I might have come across strongly, but the facts support my point of view and I sometimes get frustrated by reading people who jump to these conclusions. I'm sorry for the strong words, but I've been going to Cancun for several years, and will plan to go back. The State Dept. advisory includes no tourist areas. No issues. But, since you've been there once, I think it's fair to look for other destinations and I tried to offer you several, despite the lack of specific needs.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g150807-i8-k515953…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g150807-i8-k586694…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g150807-i8-k521970…

Hagerstown, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Beach Vacations
Level Contributor
2,559 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: All Inclusive Beach Resorts NOT in Mexico.

Puerto Rico is a US territory. You will not need a passport. I don't know of any other all inclusives in the US, other than the previous posters info. If you are traveling without children, paying a little more for an Adult Only resort is well worth it IMHO.

I'm sorry you feel unsafe in Mexico. It is a very big country with lots to offer at a reasonable price. I prefer it to my local beaches and try to go there as often as I can. If you reconsider, I'd be happy to help you find the perfect place. I also enjoy some all inclusives in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. It's a wonderful place, but some are put off by it, too. Let us know what you're looking for in a vacation. We will do our best to help.

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
37,523 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: All Inclusive Beach Resorts NOT in Mexico.

Hawaii could also offer beach/ocean/pool - but no all inclusives. :)

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
20,835 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: All Inclusive Beach Resorts NOT in Mexico.

All-inclusives are rare in the U.S. Does it need to be an all-inclusive?

Jamaica is a great destination for All-inclusives, but a bit more expensive to get to from Dallas.

I know there were a few recent murders near Cancun, but they were not actually in the tourist areas, or in places where you would be hanging out. There are probably significantly more murders in Dallas than in Cancun, but that's just a guess. I'm not trashing Dallas... I live there! I just know that general crime numbers don't mean that much because we rarely go to the areas that are plagued with frequent violent crime, and when it happens at a high end mall parking lot, we realize it's a freak occurrence.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
5 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: All Inclusive Beach Resorts NOT in Mexico.

Thanks for all your suggestions. I didn't think I needed to provide you with a lot of specific s, just to get names of all inclusive properties that are not in Mexico. But, I'll give you some:

Traveling in April 2014, with 2 couples.

Desire properties without a lot of kids.

$$s are not a concern

Would prefer a direct flight out of DFW, but know that it may not be possible.

Prefer laid back, chill out types of vacations.

Nightlife is not that important.

Beach activities are important

Food needs to be good to above average.

Marietta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Beach Vacations, Bonaire
Level Contributor
4,087 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: All Inclusive Beach Resorts NOT in Mexico.

The ":specifics " are necessary because there are literally hundreds of AIs in the Caribbean that would qualify. Just listing all of them would be counter-productive.

Based on your specifics, I'll make a couple of general and one specific suggestion:

My first suggestion would be one of the many AI resorts in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. There are multiple resorts of various types, including adults only. I'd suggest dropping over to the very active and helpful Punta Cana forum on TA to get specific recommendations. tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g147293-i28-Punta_… You will find the overall experience of Punta Cana very similar to the resorts of Cancun / Rivera Maya but without as many off-resort excursion options.

Next would be Jamaica. There are several areas to choose from, but for the best beach, look at the Negril area. Again, I suggest going to the local experts at tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g147313-i70-Negril… Jamaica is a beautiful country with many good attributes, but the overly aggressive and ever-present vendors rather spoils it for us.

Finally, because someone above mentioned Provo in Turks & Caicos... There are only two AIs on Provo, Beaches (very "family", with lots of kids and very expensive) and Club Med. The Club Med is "adults only" but is not "luxurious" and in some need of a renovation, but it is clean and a lot of fun. It has probably the best "beach activities" of any resort in the Caribbean. If you want more info on this option, I can provide it.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Beach Vacations
Level Contributor
1,675 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: All Inclusive Beach Resorts NOT in Mexico.

Thanks for providing more information. Given the additional details, I would recommend you consider adults only AIs, since parts of April can be big family vacation times. I also think you should focus on higher end properties, since typically the cheaper places will have mediocre food and may be more crowded. You may also want to look at smaller AIs for a more initmiate experience.

As others have said, the Domincan Republic and Jamaica have lots of AI choices. A few other islands to consder with a good selection of AIs are St. Lucia (probably more difficult to get to), the Bahamas, and Antgua.

A quick google search will be the easiest way to find out which island you can reach nonstop from DFW, or check to see if there are any AI packages offered that incldue chater transportation.

Finally, here is a list of some adults-only AIs that mignt give y ou some ideas about specific resorts to check: resortvacationstogo.com/Specialties/Adults-O…

Get answers to your questions