We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach Destinations for Honeymoon

Toronto, Canada
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Beach Destinations for Honeymoon

I am trying to plan my honeymoon and am interested in luxury beach destinations for anything from 2 -3 weeks worth of travel in late August 2014. We are really drawn to places like Bora Bora, the Maldives, Fiji, Seychelles. Would anyone have any advice on a trip itinerary for either of these places? Or where to fly to for the most economical option (we are from Toronto but would be willing to fly from anywhere in the U.S. if that is cheaper)? Or other suggestions for places that could offer the over-water bungalow, beautiful scenic experience as well?

THANKS!!!

Reno, Nv
Destination Expert
for Matangi Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
5,371 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach Destinations for Honeymoon

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding and honeymoon.

Fiji Air is the only airline that offers direct flights from LAX to Nadi.

LikuLiku is the only resort in Fiji with over the water bures. Other adults only resorts worth considering depending on budget and what you want in a resort are: Royal Davui, Tokoriki, Turtle Island, Yasawa Island, Qamea, and Matangi, our favorite resort in Fiji. Taveuni Island Resort & Taveuni Palms may also suit. All have websites. If you are interested in any of these resorts suggest you post on the Fiji Forum

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g294331-i883-Fiji.…

Edited: 02 September 2013, 22:22
Bonaire
Destination Expert
for Bonaire
Level Contributor
2,476 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach Destinations for Honeymoon

Have a look at Mirihi Island in the Maldives. It is truly spectacular.

In terms of flight options, you can do Toronto to Dubai, then Dubai to Male all on Emirates. I wouldn't call it economical, but that is likely the best route. Same for the Seychelles (via Dubai).

Rarotonga, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga, Waiheke Island, Southern Cook Islands, Auckland
Level Contributor
13,144 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach Destinations for Honeymoon

I posted a reply on the Honeymoons forum. In case you didn't see it I suggested the Cook Islands as a good tropical island choice. Aitutaki island which is exquisite anyway has o/w bungalows on a private island. The bungalows located at the Aitutaki Lagoon Resort as the name suggest have a view of the lagoon and distant islets. You could combine a stay on that island with the property's sister resort on Rarotonga, the Sanctuary.

There is a weekly airlink between Papeete and Rarotonga, in which case these two Polynesian destinations could be combined. But also consider combining the Cook Islands with New Zealand to enjoy some of the scenery and attractions in that country as well. It may be cheaper to fly south to NZ first, before reaching the Cook islands using Air New Zealand.

Edited: 06 September 2013, 22:09
4. Re: Beach Destinations for Honeymoon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2014, 06:26