We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Xmas Vacay

Fort Drum, New York
Level Contributor
4 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Xmas Vacay

My husband is due back from deployment and I am looking to surprise him with a trip. After seeing deserts for 9 months, I'm sure he's past due for seeing a beach. I have a $3000 budget, will be flying out of Atlanta and would like to go between Dec 23-31 (4 or more days). Please help!! WE have been to Puerto Rico and Bahamas (I loved them both) but would like to take him somewhere new. We would like anything laid back. We don't go clubbing and no adult nude resorts, Also, we must be mindful of places banned by the Army. Thanks in advance!!! =)

Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
8,176 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Xmas Vacay

You are traveling at the most expensive time of the year. A lot of places are already booked for that busy time.

Do you want an all inclusive resort type place or a small hotel????

Fort Drum, New York
Level Contributor
4 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Xmas Vacay

Yes, unfortunately I am. It doesn't help any that I can't book anything until he has boot son the ground because his dates may change. So the accommodation type doesn't matter. Usually we just rent a home but this time we are not traveling with the kids so I am open to anything.

Edited: 28 November 2013, 17:32
Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Xmas Vacay

Go to Costa Rica, apart from getting there it'll be quite cheap, and definitely a great place to visit.

Fort Drum, New York
Level Contributor
4 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Xmas Vacay

What part of Costa Rica would you suggest? I see the tickets to San Jose are quite reasonable but I don't know where the beaches are.

Fort Drum, New York
Level Contributor
4 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Xmas Vacay

What part of Costa Rica would you suggest? I see the tickets to San Jose are quite reasonable but I don't know where the beaches are.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
16,539 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Xmas Vacay

AMDubII: There are 2 airports in CR that have reasonable access to resort areas. The southern airport is in San Jose with good access to Manual Antonio Reserve, Jaco, and drivable to other regions. The northern airport is Liberia and has good access to Guanacaste region, where most All-Inclusives are located. There is an awesome local board for Costa Rica here and the DE's offer great advice there, to narrow your needs.

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g291982-i813-Costa…

7. Re: Xmas Vacay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 December 2014, 05:16