We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

FREE tickets- now where to go?

Virginia
Level Contributor
54 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
FREE tickets- now where to go?

My sister won two business class tickets anywhere Delta travels in the WORLD. She's taking me! YAY! We plan to go in the summer, July, when kids are out of school and we have coverage for them. She wants somewhere that has a beach, nice beach weather in our summer, plus a little culture/adventure would be awesome too. We plan to go for at least 7 days, perhaps 10. Any advice out there?

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,718 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: FREE tickets- now where to go?

Bangkok, Hawaii, Barcelona, Athens; the possibilities are endless. But, if it were me, I'd definitely take advantage of business class and go somewhere far away - take 10 days.

delta.com/content/www/en_US/traveling-with-u…

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
41,921 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: FREE tickets- now where to go?

How old are the kids? Are they good travelers? That may determine your destination, as some kids don't travel well and you may need to find a short and/or direct flight. I would certainly go for as long as I could . . . to make the most of those tickets. July is an excellent time for Kauai, my favorite Hawaiian island - and I have brought my kiddos quite a few times. But as the other poster mentioned, you limits are only with Delta, so you have a ton of possibilities. Happy planning! :)

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
28,657 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: FREE tickets- now where to go?

Can you please clarify something............the way I read your post, it's just you and your sister going on this holiday, but taking kids has also been mentioned....is it two of you, or are children on the vacation as well ?...knowing this could help the forum help you......

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
41,921 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: FREE tickets- now where to go?

Eden you are right - I read it taking the kids . . . and coverage for tickets for them, but perhaps she meant coverage to have someone watch the kids?? Hopefully, she will post back. :)

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
28,657 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: FREE tickets- now where to go?

coalminer.............hopefully she will post back.......it could read either way :)

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,718 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: FREE tickets- now where to go?

The way I read it, the OP and her sister are taking the trip. Maybe the spouse or spouse-in-law is watching the kids (ie. coverage, since they are out of school). The OP was pretty specific about 2 free tickets and not the need to purchase additional tickets for kids.

Arusha
Level Contributor
137 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: FREE tickets- now where to go?

I would recommend Zanzibar which has beach, but also cultural program (historical stone tone, spice tour, ...) and you could combine it with a Tanzanian safari for some adventure. But there is also one National Park on Zanzibar.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,718 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: FREE tickets- now where to go?

World Air T - I don't think you understood the question. Delta does not fly direct to Zanzibar.

Arusha
Level Contributor
137 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: FREE tickets- now where to go?

oooh okay - I see now, sorry. You are right.

10. Re: FREE tickets- now where to go?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 December 2014, 05:18
Get answers to your questions