We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vacationing with late teens - Spring Break

Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Vacationing with late teens - Spring Break

I am traveling late March, Early Spring with my wife and three teenage girls aged 18& 19. I would like some place that has plenty for them to do and us to do as well. Looking at all options in the Carribean. Budget is around $ 4000. Thanks.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,018 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vacationing with late teens - Spring Break

So, you haven't mentioned what you or they like to "do"....

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
27,287 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vacationing with late teens - Spring Break

Also, it would be helpful to let the forum know where you are travelling "from"......your profile does not indicate your location...

Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vacationing with late teens - Spring Break

We would flying out of Atlanta, GA. We would like adventure vacation suggestions. Thanks.

Kansas City, MO
Destination Expert
for Beach Vacations
Level Contributor
1,024 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vacationing with late teens - Spring Break

St. Thomas should meet your needs. Shopping, snorkeling, beach activities, gentle surf and beautiful waters.

Kansas City, MO
Destination Expert
for Beach Vacations
Level Contributor
1,024 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vacationing with late teens - Spring Break

St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands would be a good choice. Shopping, snorkeling, beach activities, gentle surf, beautiful waters, and no passport required for US citizens. Only a 4 1/2 hour flight from Atlanta. Sorry for double post, got a message saying first post failed

Edited: 22 December 2013, 00:51
Kansas City, MO
Destination Expert
for Beach Vacations
Level Contributor
1,024 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Vacationing with late teens - Spring Break

St. Thomas should meet your needs. Shopping, snorkeling, beach activities, gentle surf and beautiful waters.

Edited: 22 December 2013, 00:52
Marietta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Beach Vacations, Bonaire
Level Contributor
4,244 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Vacationing with late teens - Spring Break

Not exactly in the Caribbean, but if you are looking for an Adventure vacation and something the teenagers would really like, consider Costa Rica. Great scenery, good activities (zip-lines, active volcano, great natural parks, cloud forest, etc.). We found it a great destination for a family vacation.

Go to my trip reports page at www.hammocktree.us/ms/trips.html and scroll down to the Costa Rica vacation in 2007.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,018 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Vacationing with late teens - Spring Break

+1 Costa Rica - my trip there was awesome and adventurous. Beaches are quite different, but that was minor for me.

9. Re: Vacationing with late teens - Spring Break

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 December 2013, 15:39
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,018 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Vacationing with late teens - Spring Break

#9 - Promoting your own rental is against TripAdvisor guidelines. I believe you are allowed to share such links in your profile, but not allowed to share them in the forums.