We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quiet Beach hols with a few bars and clubs

M S
Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Quiet Beach hols with a few bars and clubs

Good evening,

As the subject suggests I am currently looking to book a holiday later this year, me and my friends are ideally looking for a resort that offers nice hotels, beaches, a few bars and clubs maybe (nothing to crazy, we are not massive party goers or massive drinkers)

We ideally want to avoid the usual "Brits abroad" locations, Magaluf, Ibiza, Benidorm, Zante ect ect ect....

There must be somewhere nice in Europe that offers what we are looking for! We have looked at Sitges in Spain, which looks nice and close to Barcelona for a few day trips!!

Any advice is appreciated!

Thanks

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
1,293 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quiet Beach hols with a few bars and clubs

Hi M S

Have you considered Portugal's Algarve.

With the exception of Albufeira there are loads of resorts from Tavira in the east to Lagos in the west.

My personal favourites are Vilamoura, Lagos, Olhus d'Agua, Alvor and Carvoeiro.

The following link may help.

www.algarveuncovered.com

M S
Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Quiet Beach hols with a few bars and clubs

Thank you so much Steve.

We went to Portugal last year, stayed in Portimoa. Personally thought that was a dive, really poor hotels, and was full of drug dealers.

The ones you've suggested look nice and are worth looking into, thanks for your advice.

Delphi,Greece
Destination Expert
for Delphi
Level Contributor
6,003 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Quiet Beach hols with a few bars and clubs

From Bristol you have many direct flights in summer to various destinations... If you stick with a package, I don't think you'll really escape the Brits-abroad scene though...DIY is more flexible...

You may peak a large place that absorbs tourism nicely, say Rhodes island, or make an extra hop to an other destination, say from Skiathos you can hop to Skopelos...

When you plan to visit is quite important as what feels a quiet resort on June might be a zoo in August.

4. Re: Quiet Beach hols with a few bars and clubs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 February 2015, 05:20