We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Belize Wedding...Matachica vs. Victoria House?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Belize Wedding...Matachica vs. Victoria House?

Hi, I'm torn between to places to have my wedding...Victoria House or Matachica. I'll be visiting soon but would LOVE to hear if anyone has personal experience with either resort for a wedding party that is over 15 ppl. Victoria house seems to have a more organized operation, but lacks the charm of the Matachica Huts. However, in my experience the Matachica wedding coordinator, Burga, seems to have less of a, um...timely response to my inquiries...Can anyone give me any guidance or personal experience? Help!

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
12,168 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Belize Wedding...Matachica vs. Victoria House?

As you have a specific destination chosen, Belize, your best bet is to post in that specific forum for the most reponses: tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g291959-i1455-Beli…

This Beach forum is for more general, what beach destination in the world-type questions. Belize is a beautiful destination, I'm sure you will enjoy either property!

Marietta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Beach Vacations, Bonaire
Level Contributor
4,275 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Belize Wedding...Matachica vs. Victoria House?

Yes, a post to the Belize/Ambergris Caye would be your best bet.

When we visited Belize nd AC we walked by Victoria House several times but did not go by Matachica. From what we saw, VH looked like it would make for a beautiful wedding. I can imagine some beautiful photos taken on the long narrow dock that goes well out into the bay.

3. Re: Belize Wedding...Matachica vs. Victoria House?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 March 2015, 05:20