We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bad experience with trip advisor

Cranston, Rhode...
2 posts
Save Topic
Bad experience with trip advisor

I have just had the worst travel experience in all my travel years. This company are liars, sell rooms they are unable to provide, give you invalid confirmation info and then at the 11th hour try to bait and switch you to another unequal hotel nearby. They took my money in a second and I am still waiting for a credit. My son had the same experience so it must not be unique. I would never do business with them again. Call the hotels or book online directly. Do not use Trip Advisor or you will be sorry. Don't ever book a room with them and I can only imagine what happens with flights????? I made a reservation for my college daughter and her friends and they stranded in Bahamas. BEWARE!

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,265 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bad experience with trip advisor

< Call the hotels or book online directly. Do not use Trip Advisor or you will be sorry. >

I have no idea what you are talking about, since TripAdvisor is not a booking agency. But, TripAdvisor does have links to booking agencies (and advertisers) within the website - so you did not book "with" TA, you were referred "from" TA. The agency who you should be mad at, is the one who charged your credit card. I do agree with your first sentence; always book direct.

Cranston, Rhode...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bad experience with trip advisor

I booked with getaroom.com but the confirmation was from tripadvisor and the phone number was 1-800-hotels8 so they are all linked together. When I asked the girl she said she was a rep for trip advisor and was trying to solve my problem with get a room.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,265 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bad experience with trip advisor

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i12290-k4625556…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i12334-k7139783…

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
28,323 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bad experience with trip advisor

Really sorry to hear your problem Kenneth, it puts you in a bind but as said TA isn't a booking agent but will refer you to one. If someone from TA is helping you then that is a good thing.

Always research a company for whatever you are doing before making a financial commitment.

5. Re: Bad experience with trip advisor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 March 2015, 04:50
Get answers to your questions