We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

australia then ???

Level Contributor
36 posts
australia then ???

Hi everyone.

My gf and I are from new zealand. Travelling to brisbane for a night on 9th july then want to travel for 2 weeks somewhere else.

We have travelled to south bali and raro tonga.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. We love beaches n relaxing :)

Level Contributor
36 posts
1. Re: australia then ???

Where are cheap destinations from brisbane? Would love to go hawaii but its back tracking.

Thailand?

Or gilli island?

Budget 1500 each for flights

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Beach Vacations
Level Contributor
1,705 posts
25 reviews
2. Re: australia then ???

Thailand is inexpensive once you get there. July is wet season in Thailand, so for a beach vacation, people usually recommend the Koh Samui area rather than Phuket / Andaman Sea beaches for less rain that time of year.

Have you considered staying in Australia to keep your travel costs down? I know it is winter in Australia then, but I thought that the northern part of Australia has a tropical climate.

Reno, Nv
Destination Expert
for Matangi Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
5,425 posts
9 reviews
3. Re: australia then ???

Fiji is a short flight from Australia. Lots of resorts to chose from depending and what you want in a resort. Best beaches are found on the outer islands.

Bonaire
Destination Expert
for Bonaire
Level Contributor
2,485 posts
100 reviews
4. Re: australia then ???

I'd look at Fiji.

Also, as Beachdreams mentioned, there are some nice beaches and islands in Queensland. It's an easy flight from Brisbane to Cairns.

Edited: 03 April 2014, 14:24
San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
9 posts
36 reviews
5. Re: australia then ???

I'd recommend the Gili Islands or Thailand, too. There area also lots of great hidden spots that I mention in Indonesia under Escape Guides on my website. For info about the Gili's, you can go to thiswaytoparadise.com/escape-guides/…. I'd recommend Air or Meno of those two. If you are in to diving, I'd go to Raja Ampat!

6. Re: australia then ???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 April 2015, 05:16