We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

has anyone spent christmas in portugal

Liverpool
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
has anyone spent christmas in portugal

We are thinking of getting away at Christmas and have been offered a deal to Albufeira leaving on Christmas day, has anyone ever stayed there during this period. Are the restaraunts and bars open or does everything shut down. Also whats the wheather likey to be like then.

Plano, TX
Level Contributor
25 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: has anyone spent christmas in portugal

Hi, Liverpool, just caught your message on this new forum today. We lived in Portugal in the 80's and I think you'd love Albufeira during the holidays. Don't know about the weather this year, but that time of year is pretty good in the Med. (as I recall mid 50's so quite above freezing, but coolish and sunny.) Wonderful scenery along the coast westwards, flattens out eastwards -- great golf courses and food along the way -- I think you'd be able to find yourselves a good time wherever you wander. Wish I could remember all the names but I think you can trust a good map and trip advisor.

Carolmac

Stirling, Scotland
Level Contributor
187 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: has anyone spent christmas in portugal

Hi Bonnie Scouse

We were in Albufeira last Christmas - stayed at Cerro Alagoa. The weather was like spring time in uk (should be). Cool in the morning and evenings but 11.00 am to late afternoon lovely and sunny and warm. Many of the hotel residents were sunbathing by the pool. We had a picnic on the beach on Christmas day! Fantastic

Hope this helps you

Stirling, Scotland
Level Contributor
187 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: has anyone spent christmas in portugal

Sorry just realised you were asking about Christmas Day. Everything (almost) closed around 7.00 pm on Christmas Eve - that is the important time for Portugese families and everywhere (almost)was open on Christmas Night.

Hamish

4. Re: has anyone spent christmas in portugal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2009, 10:17