We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beware Bookinhotels.com scam

IL
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Topic
Beware Bookinhotels.com scam

Bookinhotels.com is a con - scam - fraud

My husband made a reservation through them (and gave them his credit card number) for a hotel in London BEFORE checking out their reputation (December 2008). He immediately felt uneasy about it and tried to cancel it. They make it very difficult to find a place on their site to cancel. And their phone number was answered by a voice mail impossible to understand (NY area code but business based in Turkey).

In subsequent emails, they first said they would cancel the reservation but it would take 10-15 days to give a credit. Another email said the reservation was cancelled and the credit card had never been billed (it had been). After 20 days, still no credit. Contacted Visa and they credited the acccount while they investigate. (We sent copies of all emails.)

Eight weeks later and, of course, no credit from them. DO NOT USE THEM. YOU WILL NEVER SEE YOUR MONEY. OTHER POSTINGS ON OTHER SITES TELL OF RESERVATIONS THAT WERE NEVER HONORED BY THE HOTELS.

reading
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
61. Re: Beware Bookinhotels.com scam

I must agree that this site is a scam and that their advertised email address no longer works.

But.......

They advertise that they are verified by visa and having just spoken directly to visa they have confirmed that you should contact your bank and ask for a chargeback where your bank (if part of the visa verified "club") will refund you the money so all can be saved!!!!!!

Good Luck

South Yorkshire, UK
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
62. Re: Beware Bookinhotels.com scam

To LagosOct: Thanks so much for your info. I sent an email yesterday but I will do the same again today putting more information in. You were v lucky to be able to get through to them on the phone as I have tried on many occasions without any luck. Will let you know if I everr get my money back. Thanks again.

Wakefield
Level Contributor
6 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
63. Re: Beware Bookinhotels.com scam

I too fell foul of this company in July but I have emailed them everyday two and three times a day saying give me my money back. I told them that I had contacted the bank fraud department, and also the internet fraud dept,reported their scam on every site, police etc. EVERY DAY I bombarded them with emails. I told them that they had stolen my money and I wanted it back. Some emails just read "give me my money back " Today I have received an email back saying my money has been transferred back to my account. TO MY SURPRISE IT HAS. Do not give up, go to the site and email them as it goes to bookin agent and keep doing it. I am so surprised that they have refunded I just think they got sick of my emails. Good luck

Wakefield
Level Contributor
6 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
64. Re: Beware Bookinhotels.com scam

I too fell foul of this company in July but I have emailed them everyday two and three times a day saying give me my money back. I told them that I had contacted the bank fraud department, and also the internet fraud dept,reported their scam on every site, police etc. EVERY DAY I bombarded them with emails. I told them that they had stolen my money and I wanted it back. Some emails just read "give me my money back " Today I have received an email back saying my money has been transferred back to my account. TO MY SURPRISE IT HAS. Do not give up, go to the site and email them as it goes to bookin agent and keep doing it. I am so surprised that they have refunded I just think they got sick of my emails. Good luck

Israel
1 post
Save Reply
65. Re: Beware Bookinhotels.com scam

Hi,

I reserved an hotel in London (Euro Clapham Hotel) in July 2009 with bookinhotels.com. They took my money and then canceled my reservation. When I arrived to hotel, I had to pay again, double price.

PLEASE DON'T USE THEM, THEY ARE A SCAM!

Washington, UK
1 post
Save Reply
66. Re: Beware Bookinhotels.com scam

I confirm - Bookinhotels is a con - scam - fraud

I have just returned from what should have been our dream trip to celebrate our 20th Wedding anniversary in Paris. On arrival late in the Evening at our Hotel, we were faced with the Staff having to attemp to free up a room, as they had no information regarding our booking (made in early July, for a mid-August trip). We then spent large amounts of time over the next 5 days attempting to contact Bookinhotels.com via website, Telephone and Fax, with no success whatsoever - the telephone just keeps diverting you to various different countries, until finally you are presented with an answering service.

The Hotel managed to find out that one of their many established agents had been contacted by Bookinhotels.com and a reservation was made, but then cancelled several days later, once my payment had been collected - without any notification to me, or the Hotel.

This resulted in us having to pay an additional amount to the Hotel - significantly higher than the rate quoted by Bookinhotels.com - all of this taking the shine off an otherwise memorable trip.

It seems that the 'too good to be true' prices quoted are exactly that!! - Buyer Beware.

I am now going through the credit card payment protection system to hopefully get the initial booking costs recovered.

west midlands
Level Contributor
1 post
45 reviews
Save Reply
67. Re: Beware Bookinhotels.com scam

I booked a room in Cologne for this October through bookin hotels. When the vouchers failed to arrive I rang and spoke to an unintelligible lady who put the phone down on me (I was not being rude at all). I then found the warnings on this site. I tried to email the company but that returned as unable to send. i rang again and got a very helpful young man called Constantine. I got all the information I could from him about the hotel and he promised to forward the vouchers immediately. They have not arrived.

I emailed the hotel direct and they confirmed they have the booking but that we need to present the vouchers in payment when we get there. The full payment was taken from our account on 29th July.

I have again tried to email sales@bookinhotels.com and it has not been delivered. I have tried to ring 44 207100 5621 which is the number i got through to them on the previous 2 occasions but now the number is not in use.

Does anyone have up to date contact details for them?

Dublin, Ireland
11 posts
Save Reply
68. Re: Beware Bookinhotels.com scam

The same thing happened to me. Booked a weekend in the Ormonde Hotel ,kilkenny and they took the full amount out of my card,when I cancelled it I got the usual e-mails. I contacted my credit card company,MBNA and the say they cant do anything until i get the amount that has to be refunded,the date of the refund and the last three digits of the credit card it was booked under,but bookin hotels refuse to give me these. Also when i told MBNA that other posters had been credited by VISA and MASTERCARD, the didnt believe me and said they cant see how that would happen. this is an absolute scam and hotels should take some responsibility for this as they still deal with these companies.

Level Contributor
40 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
69. Re: Beware Bookinhotels.com scam

To Vinnie Dublin

I'm from Dublin too and please look at my previous posts. I literally flooded them with phone calls, eamails, threats that I intended to expose them and I got my money back. Threaten BBC watchdog, complaints board etc. I agree that hotels should take responsibility - they should not be using them at all. I cannot understand how they are still in "business" scamming people. Best of luck with getting your money back.

South Africa
6 posts
Save Reply
70. Re: Beware Bookinhotels.com scam

I've had a similar experience to the many hundred I have seen reported on various sites. They have stopped responding to my "messages" sent through their website. As I understand it, bookinhotels does not deal direct with the hotels. They make bookings though a number of major "consolidators". It is these companies that should stop doing business with bookinhotels.com. I came across them through the comparison site called hotelscombined.com, which provided a direct link to their website. It is very negligent and irresponsible of these companies to act as hosts for disreputable companies, and they should surely assume some liability for this!