We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beware Bookinhotels.com scam

IL
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Topic
Beware Bookinhotels.com scam

Bookinhotels.com is a con - scam - fraud

My husband made a reservation through them (and gave them his credit card number) for a hotel in London BEFORE checking out their reputation (December 2008). He immediately felt uneasy about it and tried to cancel it. They make it very difficult to find a place on their site to cancel. And their phone number was answered by a voice mail impossible to understand (NY area code but business based in Turkey).

In subsequent emails, they first said they would cancel the reservation but it would take 10-15 days to give a credit. Another email said the reservation was cancelled and the credit card had never been billed (it had been). After 20 days, still no credit. Contacted Visa and they credited the acccount while they investigate. (We sent copies of all emails.)

Eight weeks later and, of course, no credit from them. DO NOT USE THEM. YOU WILL NEVER SEE YOUR MONEY. OTHER POSTINGS ON OTHER SITES TELL OF RESERVATIONS THAT WERE NEVER HONORED BY THE HOTELS.

edinburgh
2 posts
Save Reply
81. Re: Beware Bookinhotels.com scam

we have just made the same mistake as yourself, I contacted hotel we booked to go to they have been really good and have gave us this info, bookinhotels.com didnt make the booking with the hotel but "GTAHOTELS.COM" alias gullivers travel.they too are uncontactable, what kind of a scam is going on here and how are they getting away with it.

edinburgh
2 posts
Save Reply
82. Re: Beware Bookinhotels.com scam

we have just been scammed by this so called company but hotel we were due to go to in barcelona has informed me that bookinhotels.com didnt make the booking with them but "gullivers travel" alias GTAHOTELS.com so beware and do not use this company as it seems that they are also part of the scam and also uncontactable when you try to phone them

West Wales
1 post
Save Reply
83. Re: Beware Bookinhotels.com scam

I booked a 2 night stay in the K West hotel in London for a twin room on 30th June this year (did not read these warnings!!) I arrived on the evening of the 2nd October (having printed out my booking the night before from the web site) to be told that the booking had been cancelled on the 17th September. Thankfully the hotel had a room which I obviously had to pay for, but the receptionist told me they were having "at least one problem a week from this company". I ddi question why they were still allowing the company to book rooms in their (very nice) hotel. I now begin the battle to get explainations as the telephone number is now unavailable.

Cardiff
2 posts
Save Reply
84. Re: Beware Bookinhotels.com scam

I can assure you, you will not not get a satisfactory outcome from the company. Ring and mail anyway, because your card company should refund you, but they will want proof that you have attempted to resolve the situation yourself. My credit card company refunded after I fell for the scam.

Dublin, Ireland
11 posts
Save Reply
85. Re: Beware Bookinhotels.com scam

My credit card company MBNA says they cant refund me until I get confirmation of a refund from Bookinhotels,which is impossible. a lot of posters on here have been refunded by their credit card companies so why wont MBNA refund me??

86. Re: Beware Bookinhotels.com scam

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 February 2010, 14:15
Perth
Level Contributor
1 post
20 reviews
Save Reply
87. Re: Beware Bookinhotels.com scam

We booked 3 x double rooms in April 2009,paid by credit card 23rd April,received email with vouchers and confirmed payment.Arrived at hotel in Milan 2nd October 2009, to find booking had been cancelled 28/9/09.

No advice to us on any cancellation,Hotel advised agent stated we had not paid.Fortunately we were able to obtain rooms at the Albert hotel,there staff were very helpful,nobody could contact BOOk in Hotels.we had to pay for the rooms again at 20euro p/nite above original price.Advise every body,Avoid Book In Hotels,its a SCAM>

Geraldton
Level Contributor
1 post
85 reviews
Save Reply
88. Re: Beware Bookinhotels.com scam

I booked and paid for 3 nights in Budapest. It had been cancelled by fax through travco.co.uk who will not take any responsibilty for this. The internet co don't reply. It had been charged to my credit card months before.

Not too happy.

Bucks
Level Contributor
2 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
89. Re: Beware Bookinhotels.com scam

Unfortuantely our experience with bookinhotels has been very bad also - they took £160 from our Mastercard months ago and the promised refund has never appeared. The only UK/Europe number provided on the website has not worked for some time now & I have not received any responses to my e-mails - avoid them at all costs they are fraudulent company

Dublin, Ireland
11 posts
Save Reply
90. Re: Beware Bookinhotels.com scam

I was scammed by book in hotels as well, I have been sending them e-mails every day for the last month, demanding a refund,the last one I sent them was yesterday,which contained strong language,because im running out of patience and surprise! surprise! when I went to e-mail them this morning,I found they had blocked me from sending them any more e-mails. Its about time these scumbags were sorted out before anyone else gets conned by them. How they are still in business is beyond me,and it reflects very bad on the tourist industry and credit card companies that they allow these scum to get away with it again and again.