We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help required - cheap trip to Paris

England
Level Contributor
1,067 posts
168 reviews
Save Topic
Help required - cheap trip to Paris

Hi

I'd love to take my husband and adult daughter to Paris for special birthdays within a couple of weeks of each other end June/early July. We live 30 miles east of London and I'm far from being affluent.

Any ideas, tips or suggestions please?

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
3,689 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help required - cheap trip to Paris

You might also want to post this on the Paris forum since I would imagine the people on there have lots of information that may help you. tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g187147-i14-Paris_…

If you could give me an idea of what sort of tips you're looking for I may be able to help more.

As far as how to get to Paris, I would look at both the rail and air options. There are several airlines between these 2 great cities to choose from and search out the lowest fares. The Eurostar eurostar.com/UK/uk/leisure/latest_deals.jsp can be a very inexpensive and quick way to go. I believe they also offer city break fares that include hotels, not sure if these are a good deal as I've no experience with them. Being that it's so close to your dates of travel, I'm not sure if there will be any great deals left, again no experience.

Perhaps searches of the train travel and air travel forums here on TA would also give you some ideas.

Wiltshire
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Help required - cheap trip to Paris

the best tip I could give you is that there is one sunday in each month (either first or last sunday) where all the museums are free of charge, so if you are not big on museums (we took our 12 +14 year old) you can afford to just pop in and look at the most popular exhibits, like the mona lisa and then off to the pompidou centre etc. We stayed at suite hotel (?) at the last stop of the tube - not a great area but hotel new - clean and rooms spacious and enough to sleep 4 - so your daughter can sleep in the same room but there is a screen you can pull to make 2 rooms at just £60 a night. There is a brilliant book called 'kids in paris' which I would use for adults - it lists all the good value things to do and see (which we adults enjoyed) and gave great tips like eating at the department store le printemps where the restaurant is on the top floor with views of eiffel tower. Have a fantastic time!

England
Level Contributor
1,067 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help required - cheap trip to Paris

Thanks very much.

I will also post on the Paris forums too in due course - we've decided to go later now so a bit more time to get organised.

4. Re: Help required - cheap trip to Paris

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2009, 05:33