We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lastminute.com, any reviews ?

Iceland
Level Contributor
734 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
lastminute.com, any reviews ?

Are these sites reliable ?

Thanks.

Craigavon, Northern...
1 post
Save Reply
11. Re: lastminute.com, any reviews ?

DO NOT USE LASTMINUTE!

Are they called lastminute because they take the money from your account and then tell you the last minute there has been a problem with your booking. I now have to wait 5-7 days for my money to be refunded to my account, despite the fault being theirs. Advisers for helpline were not very helpful and rude. I saved all year to book a holiday and now it looks like I won't get on my holiday. Absolute joke. I have also scared myself by finding reviews by other people who were in same position who did not get their money back in the stated 5-7 days some apparently had to wait a year. Very distressing, save yourself the hassle book with walk in travel agency.

Brighton, United...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: lastminute.com, any reviews ?

Do not use Lastminute.com. We booked a hotel in London with them. When we arrived after our trip to the theatre with two exhausted children, they didn't have any rooms. It was appalling and we ended up in a sub standard fleapit. So much for our special family break. Boy have this company gone downhill!

Customer services non existent.

Buckinghamshire...
Level Contributor
3,457 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: lastminute.com, any reviews ?

I've used lastminute.com to book 3 holidays in the last 6 years (Egypt twice and once to Greece). All fine. Also used them for theatre breaks a few times now in London and again, no probs. I don't think now they are as cheap as they use to be. Personally, nowadays I always book independently and don't use any agents. Cheaper and you know what you're getting.

"flight out was4 hours late, return flight was 14 hours late, so we waited in airport like idiots due to our luggage, absolute no customer support, and no refund for late flight home."

How is your flight being late lastminute.com's fault? Did the airline not provide you with anything or did you not have travel insurance?

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: lastminute.com, any reviews ?

would never use again. Hotel double booked and they said claim back off last minute. last minute say they need to contact the resort.... this has been 3 weeks now and no clue whats going on..... have called and emailed. they can take your money quickly enough but when it comes to refunding.....

London, United...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: lastminute.com, any reviews ?

DO NOT USE LASTMINUTE.COM - We have been notified two days before our holiday - which I spent ages choosing that the hotel had overbooked and offered in my opinion a sub par alternative. On the original email it stated that we were in our rights to get a refund for the accommodation part of the booking, and it says this is the case in the T&Cs, however calling them they claim this is not the case. The alternatives offered were only to the same price and as you can imagine a month after booking the hotel selection remaining is not great previously cheaper hotels are now the range we are entitled to the day before (a complete con)

I attempted to call their office back to enquire about this but it is only open 9-5, leaving us one day to debate this and sort an alternative holiday. I feel totally conned and will never use them again following this poor experience.

Birmingham, United...
6 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: lastminute.com, any reviews ?

I totally agree 100%. For the first time ever in 28 years of international travel on business I decided to book a multi destination flightticket with LastMinute.com It was to Dubai from UK, then 4 days later onto Saudi Arabia for 9 days then home. Simple one might think?? Well they took my money absolutely no problem all £800 of it for the flights (these were not Buget airlines I was travelling on). Then due to a problem beyond my control the Saudi Embasy in London Closed without notice for 2 days because of a Religious Holiday, whch meant that my passport and visa has been delayed for 2 days, rendering me physically unable to travel. I immediately called Last Minute and got absolutely nowhere, all I wanted to do was push the who flights (the exact same filghts) on by two days because of excenuating circumstances, after a full day on to both various departments and supervisors at Last minute, and the airlines no luck, nobody was prepared to help or even try and help. The airlines said because my booking was made with Last Minute they couldn't change Last minute would have to do it, Last Minute basically said that there was nothing they could do and I have lost my £800, all they wanted to do was sell me another flight. DO NOT under any circumstances ever use this company to book any travel, they really are not bothered just want your money I found it appalling the treatment given to me over something totally beyond my control and something they could easily verify if they really wanted to and was interested, basically the people who answer the phone at Last Minute only want to sell I guess they are highly commission based, and any problems or helping customers doesn't earn them commission so they are just not interested. I will never ever use these again for anything, Flights or Hotels and erge everyone to do the same if you do not want to loose your hard earned money in the vent of a problem arising with your booking even if that problem is beyond your control!! It is a great pity as I do spend a great deal of money per year on flights and hotels but they for sure will not be getting any of it they have had £800 of my money for providing absolutely nothing, Nie work if you can get it but I know that most people are genuine and honest and would not condone this kid of sharp practice!!

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
15,900 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: lastminute.com, any reviews ?

"Then due to a problem beyond my control the Saudi Embasy in London Closed without notice for 2 days because of a Religious Holiday, whch meant that my passport and visa has been delayed for 2 days, rendering me physically unable to travel."

Has absolutely nothing to do with neither Lastminute nor the airline. It is your responsibility and yours alone that you have the documents required for travel. You clearly did not leave enough time to get your paper work sorted before your flight but I guess it's a easier just to blame everyone else for that screw-up...

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
18,208 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: lastminute.com, any reviews ?

<Then due to a problem beyond my control >

When you book non-refundable or unchangeable tickets, they are just that. I agree with Lex on this one and agree that this was in your control; you should have processed your passport/visa sooner. Further, I don't think you would have received help from any other online booking agent or even the airline themselves. I guess, by your logic, you will never be flying with this airline again, either?

Birmingham, United...
6 posts
Save Reply
19. Re: lastminute.com, any reviews ?

Lex you are right but if you travelled as much as I do particularly multi country journeys you have to book your flights especially this time of the year in the Middle East because of Hajj, but guess you know nothing about that do you?? What I was complaining about was the shear lack of support or interest offerred by Last Minute.com. Today I have my passport released and have just re booked and paid again my flights direct with the airlines everyone take my advise do NOT use Last Minute.com book direct with the airlines they will assist you, in my case they couldn't because I had booked with Last Minute who just did't give a flying fish!! An expensive lesson which I will not be repeating but just wanted to alert others NOT to fall foul of the unprofessional ways of Last Minute.com!!

Birmingham, United...
6 posts
Save Reply
20. Re: lastminute.com, any reviews ?

Not good logic which you are using, I did not say that I would never use tha airline again, and you are 100% wrong with what you state that the airlne would not be able to help, as a Platinum Member of the Sky Team they for sure would have helped and in fact I have booked the same flights today with the same airlines but DIRECT with them. They did say that they would have been able to help me but given my booking was made with Last Minute.com they couldn't unfortunately. This is my point Last Minute.com or indeed any online booking agents have absolutely no interest in the passengers just taking money and earning commission from that booking, when problems occur they are just not interested!! This is why I urge everyone to book direct with the airlines do not trust Last Minute.com or indeed any other on line booking company if you experience any kind of difficulty, they are just no interested. It has cost me dearly financially and I would not wish that on anyone. It is absolutely criminal that I will be travelling the exact same journey on exact same airlines but one day later and had to pay twice because I foulishly decided to give an on line booking agency Last Minute.com a try, never again!!!!!