We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quick Passport Trip

Minnesota
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Quick Passport Trip

Fellow Travelers-

The dog days of winter are getting me down and I'm "jonesing" for a quick passport trip from Hartsfield.

Warm, cold...doesn't matter. Just as long as I cross a major body of water and get to use my passport!

Limited time. 4 days (maybe 5) including the weekend at most.

Suggestions?

thanks-

Steve

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
823 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quick Passport Trip

Where is Hartsfield? ie What airport would you fly out of?

How many hours are you willing to fly to get there?

Edited: 21 January 2011, 03:08
Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
3,689 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Quick Passport Trip

How about Montreal or Quebec City?

Montreal has the big cosmopolitan city thing, with a splattering of french so it might feel a bit more exotic.

Quebec City would have much more a french immersion thing, and is absolutely beautiful with a bit of a European feel to it.

ktown

Sheffield
Level Contributor
4,384 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Quick Passport Trip

We had a great time in Cuba. Really welcoming people, great music and rum. And very safe.

norfolk
Level Contributor
7,646 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Quick Passport Trip

are americans allowed to go to cuba? my insurance company is american; it won't cover me to go there...

pam

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
3,689 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Quick Passport Trip

I know that some Americans cross the border to Canada, and fly to Cuba from here. You would need to buy supplemental health insurance though, because it is now a requirement of the Cuban government. If you don't purchase it before you get there, I believe it can be purchased in Cuba. The Cuban forum would be the experts on all things Cuba - I've never actually been there, although it's on my to do list.

Cuba is very popular with my fellow Canadians, and I would suggest it as a good bargain destination.

ktown

6. Re: Quick Passport Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 January 2012, 06:19