We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TA shouldn't work with CheapoAir

New York City, New...
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
TA shouldn't work with CheapoAir

I would advise against TA continuing to work with Cheapoair. I trusted using them because I trust TA, but I had a terrible experience with that company.

I "booked" a flight to South America with them, was given seat numbers and everything over the phone, but the next day was told my flight was not actually booked and they couldn't give me that price, but if I gave them $300 more they would book it for me. They had no issue charging my credit card, and lying to me that the flight was already booked, but trying to get a customer service rep to call me back or even get through on their horrible phone support was too difficult for them. I was hung up on multiple times, and finally told that even though the fare they quoted me originally was still on the website, it took 24 hours for the fares to update, so it wasn't actually available. Really? 24 hours? I ended up booking through Travelocity, which I usually use, and they were great, guaranteed my price, and actually booked the ticket then and there.

Overall, I don't feel like Cheapoair are a company worth TA working with, and could potentially hurt customer relations and the brand.

Level Contributor
10,285 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: TA shouldn't work with CheapoAir

There are many posts and complaints about this very situation happening to others all over TA. Had you done a quick search of cheapoair here you would have known this happens when booking flights with them.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
40,438 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: TA shouldn't work with CheapoAir

I use Kayak, a very reputable airfare comparison source, and note that they include Cheapo in their listings as well. Fortunately, after reading the Airline Forum on Trip Advisor, I have decided to eliminate Cheapo Air from consideration. I think it is important todo extensive research before using any third part booking site ( and in general I choose to book direct with he airlines anyway- it's just not worth the risk to do otherwise) .

BC, Canada
Level Contributor
185 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: TA shouldn't work with CheapoAir

I have to say that I have used CheapoAir 4 different times in the past two years and everything has gone smoothly. Granted, I had no changes to my original itineraries and the only airline I booked (Westjet) is very reliable. I used Cheapo because it was able to beat WJ's own fares by several dollars each time. It also offered me routing options that do not come up automatically since WJ changed it's online booking site. The first time I booked with Cheapo I did feel nervous about the possible risk (based on comments from unhappy customers I read on the web after I booked!) Given those nasty opinions I checked and double-checked all the details, booking numbers etc., well before I was scheduled to fly. Everything turned out fine! All phone contact with Cheapo was helpful and professional. I felt it important to state a positive experience!

4. Re: TA shouldn't work with CheapoAir

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2012, 14:16