We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do not use Hotels4U or Medhotels (Thomas Cook)

Loch Lomond
Level Contributor
2,855 posts
166 reviews
Save Topic
Do not use Hotels4U or Medhotels (Thomas Cook)

We booked a hotel in Fethiye, Turkey through this company along with transfers from the airport. The email we received about this said "“The details of your reservation are shown below and your voucher is attached”. I printed out the email as instructed and took it with us. I assumed that everything was OK with this but when we arrived at Dalaman airport at 01.30 in the morning we realised that they had not sent us instructions on how to find the transport and that no voucher was attached.

We went to one of the available transfer desks outside the airport. The Person there said that we were not on the list of incoming passengers who were to be picked up and called us a taxi. We asked about the taxi charge and he said that we should contact the travel agent through our hotel and we would get a refund.

The taxi cost us about £52. When we asked at the hotel we were told that we would be best trying to pursue this through our booking agent (Hotels4U) when we got home. When we got home I contacted them and after several weeks wait they told us "as the transfer was available as booked and the voucher attached to your confirmation I regret that we are unable to offer any refunds in this instance".

Despite me sending them a copy of the original email and attachment (which I had retained) the "Customer Services Team Leader" I had been dealing with continued to insist that the transfer voucher was attached. All that was attached was an invoice with the hotel details and a reference to the transfers with no instructions as to how we were to find them.There was NO transfer voucher!

She was clearly not even remotely interested in accepting any responsibility for this or trying to resolve it to my satisfaction. I tried to reason with her but she refused to reimburse the taxi fare. When I told her I wanted to escalate this and asked her for her line manager's name she did not reply to my email. She has now refused two requests for this and has basically stopped communicating with me.

Hotels4U and (Medhotels) have totally refused to reimburse me for this. It was not my mistake and the bottom line is that I paid for both transfers and a taxi (a total of £74). I would definitely not recommend booking with them. If you have any problems they will not be accepting responsibility.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
33,488 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Do not use Hotels4U or Medhotels (Thomas Cook)

£3.5k is a quite a lot of money just for a hotel, unless there was a few people! Presumably you wrote back to hotels4u. Thomas Cook are only the agent.

Kilmarnock, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
22. Re: Do not use Hotels4U or Medhotels (Thomas Cook)

Sorry I paid that for the whole holiday just wondered who was liable

Loch Lomond
Level Contributor
2,855 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Do not use Hotels4U or Medhotels (Thomas Cook)

In my experience hotels4 U do not do liability.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
33,488 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Do not use Hotels4U or Medhotels (Thomas Cook)

Did you book on the high street or the internet? Thomas Cook would probably have just been the agent and more likely than not Hotels4U are liable, but it would depend on what and how it was booked. Somewhere in your paperwork it should tell you who you're contract/s is with.

Kilmarnock, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
25. Re: Do not use Hotels4U or Medhotels (Thomas Cook)

We booked it through the high street but the shop is saying cause the issues were with the hotel it's nothing to do with them?

croydon
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
26. Re: Do not use Hotels4U or Medhotels (Thomas Cook)

They cannot protect a hotel-only reservation, even if they would be ABTA or ATOL bonded.

Best is to buy a package holiday (flights, transfers and accommodation in one booking) with a licensed tour operator based in UK.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
33,488 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Do not use Hotels4U or Medhotels (Thomas Cook)

Liana, you've just resurrected a 17 month old thread, but I would dispute that it's best to buy a package holiday!

Loch Lomond
Level Contributor
2,855 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Do not use Hotels4U or Medhotels (Thomas Cook)

It's best to book a package holiday if you want to pay well over the odds.;o)

I have been booking my holidays on the Internet for 15 years or more with only a few minor glitches. I am sure I would have had more problems using package holiday companies during this period and I would definitely have been much more limited in the holidays I have had.

When booking holidays yourself you can get the airport you want, the specific duration you want. the dates you want and the specific accommodation you want. The choice of accommodation with package holidays is very limited but when booking yourself you can stay anywhere that is available in your chosen resort.

It really is the way to go! :o)

Also, privately organised resort transfers are almost always more efficient than the airport coaches used by the big holiday companies. I would only book a package holiday on a

Harrogate, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Do not use Hotels4U or Medhotels (Thomas Cook)

"You makes your choices - and take your chances."

We have been travelling independently for several years now and, overall, have had few problems.

However, by doing so, we have had to cope with situations which, had we been on a package, would have been sorted out for us - being at the mercy of the weather (cancelled ferries) and air traffic control strikes being the most problematic.

Independent travellers have to be on the ball as far as changes to flight schedules, cancellation of onward travel arrangements and transfers etc. Getting to know and communicate with locals is the best way of keeping abreast of what is happening.

Going with a package, any alterations should be controlled by the company and sorted out for you (in theory!).

Part of me loves the freedom of "doing our own thing" - the other part would just like to put everything in someone else's hands and relax. I keep saying I will book a package just to be able to let someone else take the strain --- then I look at the prices!

As I said at the beginning - the choice is yours - just make sure your travel insurance covers as many eventualities as possible. The one time you decide not to bother is the time when something will happen!

Good travelling!

30. Re: Do not use Hotels4U or Medhotels (Thomas Cook)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 November 2014, 06:19