We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ice lolly

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
ice lolly

anyone used this? are the flights included with the holiday on that site or not?

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,108 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ice lolly

I rarely use a 3rd party service, I try to book direct, but there have been several posts on this company so check out these links and research:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i12290-k4692807…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i12290-k4687804…

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
3,689 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ice lolly

So I guess this isn't a question about popsicles then?

ktown

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: ice lolly

anyone ?

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
3,689 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ice lolly

Again, did you search the forums? You've even been provided some links to follow so you don't have to do the search yourself.

ktown

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
34,987 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ice lolly

Ice lolly are a price comparision site, as stated in red writing on their website. It only searches within the parameters you put in. You select a company from the results it throws up, and the site directs you to that companies website.

You do not book anything with Ice Lolly.

Goa
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: ice lolly

Do not use this site!!!! Just been ripped off, website said holiday was £1000 for two to Tenerife called they said £1200 I said ok as they said airline charges etc they called me back to say not all the transactions went through called my bank etc no hold on my card or anything called ice lolly back turns out they had already taken £1200 and were trying to take €330??? Said thats not what i agreed and i want to cancel and they said the £1200 has been paid and is non refundable!!!! Have to pay €330 or lose everything!!!! £1000 holiday now closer to £1500!!!! Joke

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
34,987 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ice lolly

Wiggy,

Ice Lolly don't take any money, they are a price comparison site. When you ring the number that is on the holiday you want, it is the number of the holiday provider, not Ice Lolly. Any problem you have is with whichever company you chose to book your holiday through.

Kings Lynn
Level Contributor
32 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: ice lolly

Wiggy,

Very similar experience. Ice Lolly are the brokers, the company I booked with were Direct line holidays, found them through ice lolly. Holiday started at £579pp, by the time they called back to confirm it was £1588 for the both of us. I asked to cancel and was told it was non-refundable so I kicked up a stink and was told they would upgrade my room to a sea view, even though I had paid an extra £99 already for this!!!! When the hotel voucher came through it says it is for a standard room, and in the special request box they have requested a sea view only at the hotels discretion, it hasn't been paid for. Tried getting an answer but they just put me through to their Customer services dept and fob me off. Holiday is in 4 weeks, dreading it...

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
34,987 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: ice lolly

So nothing to do with Ice Lolly then! Maybe it would be better to start another thread about Direct Line Holidays, as it's them you have the problem with?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: ice lolly

We have had a similar experience. Quoted one price and then phoned back for another £88 and when I asked for a breakdown they just threatened to cancel the whole holiday. Not sure yet what all the internal relationships are as about four companies are involved. But I will do company searches via Credit Safe when I get back - going tomorrow.

I would lay odds there are interconnections but holding fire on that one.