We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trouble with Consolidated Airfare

San Diego...
Level Contributor
3 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Trouble with Consolidated Airfare

Has anyone had difficulty when traveling internationally using FareBuzz, a consolidated travel agency?

My family got stuck in Barcelona because this agency forgot to book our flights and the airlines were not helpful.

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
3,689 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trouble with Consolidated Airfare

Never had that problem because I've always booked directly with the airline. Why did you choose to book through them rather than directly with the airline? General consensus on TA is it's always best to book directly with the airline.

ktown

San Diego...
Level Contributor
3 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trouble with Consolidated Airfare

Yes, I agree with you about booking directly with airlines, especially after this experience. We booked with them because our family flew business class. My husband has health issues and he could not sit in a regular seat for the long international flight. We decided to go with FareBuzz because they offered the best fare at the time of booking.

Travelers need to be aware if there is a problem, at least this company did not have a phone number or office in Europe to assist clients. We had to pay regular fare on one leg of the trip and incurred a long delay at the airport.

When we returned, I contacted the agency and they only partially reimbursed us and only after much correspondence. They still owe us a refund.

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
3,689 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trouble with Consolidated Airfare

Sorry you had this experience.

Unfortunately, it seems that your story is similar to so many others that use third party booking sites - if there is a problem you end up with your 'bargain' costing you much more.

Best of luck getting the remainder of your money back.

ktown

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Holiday Travel, Food and Travel, Macau
Level Contributor
27,728 posts
5,778 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trouble with Consolidated Airfare

Agree 100%, never put your precious holiday time/money/bookings in the hands

of low-cost, no-name operators. You might not pay as much up front but the back ends (time, money, happiness) are just too much to bare.

Just book direct or use a reputable tour agent with known service standards. And always read the fine print!!!!

San Diego...
Level Contributor
3 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trouble with Consolidated Airfare

I recently received the remainder of what I was owed from FareBuzz.

I have very mixed feelings about using them again since it took over a year to get a full refund.

I think I would be open to using them for a round-trip fare for one city but with travel using multiple cities......I don't know if I would recommend them based on my experience.

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
3,689 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trouble with Consolidated Airfare

I am honestly quite shocked that if it took over a year to get back money they owed you that you would consider using them again.

ktown

7. Re: Trouble with Consolidated Airfare

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 15:16
Get answers to your questions