We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Turkey Tour

Bethel Park, PA
Level Contributor
592 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Turkey Tour

Have placed my question in the Turkey forum but am hoping this one may provide more feedback. I just received a flyer in the mail from AET (American European Travel) for a one week tour of Turkey (including air from NYC) for $999.00 per person. I can't find anything on the web about it except their website so am now suspicious. Does anyone know anything about this company? I don't want to contact them without more information.

Thank you

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Holiday Travel, Food and Travel, Macau
Level Contributor
27,516 posts
5,695 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Turkey Tour

Be careful if you can't find independent reviews of this company online, you should be careful. Lots of scams out there promoting 'too good to be true' deals that end in very sad stories for unsuspecting consumers who send them money. Flying and staying a week in Turkey for just $999 per pax. sounds too cheap to me, especially considering the price of air fare these days.

If you can't find any reviews for this business, online (and I see nothing popping up in our Search Box above), or through someone you know that you can talk to, I'd give them a pass for now, wait until they establish a reputation, some credibility and a history of good client service, then consider the trip with them next year.

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
3,689 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Turkey Tour

I agree. I wouldn't do it.

Not only is it with a company that you can't find any information about, but it's likely not even that much of a bargain. The price given is likely plus taxes etc, so once everything is added in you'd likely be looking at quite a bit more.

ktown

pittsburgh
Level Contributor
1 post
123 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Turkey Tour

The same deal was an insert in last sunday's Pittsburgh Post Gazette. It was a envelope with a letter and brochure, which appear to be a special deal at the $ 999.00 price for travellers from Pittsburgh.

Bethel Park, PA
Level Contributor
592 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Turkey Tour

techmgr1

You are correct, the post gazette insert is where I got that tour info. and what prompted me to launch this inquiry. The responses I received here at TA have only confirmed my initial suspicion.

5. Re: Turkey Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 07 April 2012, 03:05
Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
7,358 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Turkey Tour

Ala please provide a source for independent reviews

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
73,513 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Turkey Tour

Ala;

I would suggest that you familiarize yourself with the posting guidelines regarding the participation of business representatives. Your post is in violation of them, for a number of reasons.

tripadvisor.ca/help/what_are_the_guidelines_…

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Holiday Travel, Food and Travel, Macau
Level Contributor
27,516 posts
5,695 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Turkey Tour

Ditto RescueTeam's comments.. You've been reported.

Edited: 07 April 2012, 02:34
9. Re: Turkey Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 May 2013, 10:28