We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone have a similar experience with otel.Com ?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone have a similar experience with otel.Com ?

Never use such a site. Booked a one week vacation at Le Sport/The Body Holiday in St. Lucia. from Feb. 6-12. Received confirmation of booking by email. Only otels.com did not confirm with Le Sport. We flew 5 hours from Toronto, 1 hour 45 min cab to hotel only to find there is no booking and no availability all week! After talking via long distance (with roaming fees of course on my cell) to Rachel, Marie and Vic at otels.com we only receive a verbal apology for ruining our planned vacation. We are both professionals, unpaid when we take time off work, left our kids with family and then are stuck without the vacation we planned and paid for with only an offer to take us to a 3 star hotel (Le Sport is 5 star, recently renovated with activities, yoga, wellness and spa treatments included as part of your package), in Rodney Bay. Needless to say our plans were not for a tour of Rodney Bay and this lack of service ruined an expensive and planned vacation. Otels.com offered to give our money back(very kind-thank you) and Vic stated we would get an email within 24 hours regarding compensation. It is now Feb. 12-no word. We also got a copy from Le Sport of an email sent to otels.com stating that there was no rooms available for our stay Feb. 6 but of course otels.com chose NOT to share that with us and happily confirmed our reservation and charged our credit card. I am disappointed that such a poor service continues on the internet.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,265 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone have a similar experience with otel.Com ?

Looks like you should have done a search about them BEFORE booking with them. Check out this search link to the company in question.

www.tripadvisor.com/SearchForums…

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
3,689 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone have a similar experience with otel.Com ?

I believe otel.com and otels.com (note the added 's' in the second one) are two different companies. You refer to both in your post. Which did you actually have this problem with?

ktown

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone have a similar experience with otel.Com ?

Sorry I am referring to otel.com

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone have a similar experience with otel.Com ?

I should also note that despite the initial offer otel.com had yet to refund our money despite the fact that we received no service rendered. This they may confirm with Le Sport. Instead an email-from Karen-was sent to my wife asking us to get documentation from Le Sport/the Body Holiday stating we did not get our room. Don't they have the relationship with their hotels?

5. Re: Anyone have a similar experience with otel.Com ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2013, 20:21