We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bluesea holidays, urgent advice needed

Lauder Scotland
Level Contributor
261 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Bluesea holidays, urgent advice needed

Hi has anyone used this company or holiday gems. my brother is trying to book with Blue sea and wonders whether it is safe.

Thanks, Jen

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,099 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bluesea holidays, urgent advice needed

I see you've posted a couple times about travel agencies. The forum is really not intended to be the primary place to screen travel agencies or companies. We're meant to be a place for travel advice. There is a very easy to use search feature on TripAdvisor for finding previous posts that mention a company or tour. Right above your post is a search box - it says "Search in" Bargain Travel forums and a blank box. Change Bargain Travel forums to All forums, and type your query into the box - use quotes for more specific posts. Then, you can search through all the posts about a company, especially those not in Bargain Travel. I saw several on Bluesea Holidays.

Lauder Scotland
Level Contributor
261 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bluesea holidays, urgent advice needed

Thank you very much for the information, i didn't realize you could search like that, however i do think this IS travel advice so that other people know whether the travel agent is good or not!?

kent
Destination Expert
for Kent, Solo Travel
Level Contributor
12,714 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bluesea holidays, urgent advice needed

Jen.... is this company a travel agent, tour operater or a web based company that sells different elements as a package trip?

The reason I ask, is that consumer rights ( in the UK) are protected depending on whether or not the company is insured and a member of the under ATOL/AITO provisions. Suggest your brother checks for relevant registrations before committing any money.

Lauder Scotland
Level Contributor
261 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bluesea holidays, urgent advice needed

Thank you for the advice.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
34,923 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bluesea holidays, urgent advice needed

Bluesea Holidays is a trading name of the Hays Travel Group. They act only as agents and do not sell packages. They are Abta and Atol protected. As with any company, read the terms and conditions, making sure you are aware of any amendment charges that they will charge, over and above the principal's charge.

Crawley
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bluesea holidays, urgent advice needed

Hi there I used them last year in July to Marmaris and again this year to Marmaris 28th May to 5th June as they are brilliant. They call you back straight away when you need advice as I always ask lots of questions. They also sent me an email to welcome me back from my holiday this year and gave me a call last year to see if my holiday was ok.

Leeds
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bluesea holidays, urgent advice needed

sorry to bother you, but we are thinking of bookinga holiday with blueseas holidays, can you tell me if they are reliable and Atol Abta protected.

Regards

Therese

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
34,923 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bluesea holidays, urgent advice needed

See post #5.

Lauder Scotland
Level Contributor
261 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bluesea holidays, urgent advice needed

In the end we did not use Bluesea, sorry i can't be of any help.

Jen

10. Re: Bluesea holidays, urgent advice needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 20 February 2014, 19:35
Get answers to your questions