We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dont use travel republic

Doncaster, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
dont use travel republic

this will be the 7th yr we have used t/rand have never had any probs 1st class service

Glasgow, Scotland
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: dont use travel republic

Its good to see someone actually following up a good experience for a change, although your heading could be quite confusing George..Lol

I too have used TR on numerous occassions for accomodation and transfers and have never had any issues with them.

Iowa
Level Contributor
10,044 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: dont use travel republic

Are you complaining or praising, george?

Glasgow, Scotland
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: dont use travel republic

Jason I think George is praising, bit of a confusing title for this thread me thinks...Lol...although George has posted it again under the heading just "Travel Republic" this time..Lol

Belfast, United...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: dont use travel republic

I had used this company before. What people must understand is that a company is best judged by what they do when things go wrong. In the case of this crew you are in deep trouble. I agree with the first poster and can confirm that these people are disgraceful. Booked place to stay and found out the booking was NEVER made. But that didn't stop this company taking my hard earned money and then try to put the blame on me. Well I agree I was to blame, for thinking that these people were a legitimate company. They aren't. They are a complete bunch of scam artists. They are refusing to send me a refund, even though I have an email from them saying it is in my account.

Hello small claims court. Goodbye NoTravel Republic. By the way to all of you who have posted on their behalf. Two things. You either work for them, or you haven't come across their practice as laid out above. To the first I say you are the lowest of the low. To the second, your day will come. Don't say you weren't warned.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: dont use travel republic

I agree with the first poster

That's not hard to do as they say "don't use" and then they go on to praise them.

And it is typical here on TripAdvisor for people to post "you must work for this company" when they don't agree with someone. Ridiculous.

Edited: 17 April 2012, 15:44
Glasgow, Scotland
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: dont use travel republic

BTimW, I find your comments quite rude and offensive. I understand that you have had a bad experience and want your pounds worth of flesh, but I'm sorry mate, but I do not work for them and I have used them on numerous occassions with no problems and I have had many great holidays booking their accomodation, so I can only go by MY personal experience my friend, NOT yours. We travel to Kos in May and have booked with them again.

What I do find is that many people who have had issues with TR have used there phone booking lines, I always book on line and this way get all confirmations sent out straight away and vouchers following very shortly. it would be intersting to know how you booked BTimW and if you recieved your email accomodation voucher before leaving. I do sympathise with any of you that have bad experiences with any company which have led to a holiday being spoilt, but please remember that this forum is an advice forum and a forum of all peoples experiences, so please do not come on here after a bad experience looking for somewhere to vent your fury and take it out on other forum users for just sharing there own experiences. Maybe if you all do a bit of research beforehand as I myself do, you could limit the damage that can sometimes happen when booking your holiday, although sometimes stuff happens even when booking through the so called big companies. Its all too often that posters come on just to rant about a company because they have had a bad experience with them, and many times like in your case BTimW this is your very first contribution to TA forums...my advice, come on and look about and do a bit of research BEFORE your next holiday. I know it must be awful when you have these experiences, and i am not trying to minimise this at all, but do respect that others experiences are not always going to be the sam as yours. Please do come back on and answer my question about they way you booked with Travel Republic, this may also help others in the future. I truely am sorry for your experience.

God bless Jay

Edited: 22 April 2012, 11:11
County Dublin...
Level Contributor
26,510 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: dont use travel republic

Well said hm. Have three more booked with TR this year.

Never a problem in the past.

Glasgow, Scotland
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: dont use travel republic

BTimW does not seem to want to come back and answer my question about how he booked, was it by phone or internet?

Funny how people will come on these sites with their 1 post as soon as they are unhappy to do their best to discourage anyone from using the company that has upset them, which in a way I can understand, its human nature....but instead of slagging off others that have had different experiences or disagree with you, how about coming on and discussing the different experiences to try and ascertain if there is any common denominators that could be avoided by others!!...this would be much more helpful.

Glasgow, Scotland
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: dont use travel republic

Trouble is it seems that those that come on here and rant about certain companies would really rather not help anyone make a safer booking with that company, their aim is purely revenge and they are only interested in damaging the company, not helping other travellers.

I would be really interested in any one that has turned up to a hotel that has not been booked after booking through Travel Republic, (or lowcostholidays who I also have used in the past) letting us know how they booked? was it via internet or with a agent on the phone?

Did you recieve any confirmation, and if so was this a booking confirmation only or did you also get your accomodation voucher?

I wait with baited breath!

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
103 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: dont use travel republic

Hammerman you so often say exactly what I'm thinking when I read these posts.

My own personal experiences of Travel Republic have been positive, having used them on numerous occassions, mostly for accomodation but also for flights and transfers. Hopefully sharing my experiences on here may be helpful to someone else so, my advice to anyone booking travel independently is to check everything, and then check it all again! Always make sure you have an accomodation voucher not just confirmation of payment. You should be able to get this via email even if you have booked over the phone, as I did one time as I had phoned up with some questions.

Also I would always try to contact your hotel before you travel to confirm your reservation - about a week before as your name will probably not have beeb passed on before that. I think that the cases where the booking has not been passed on to the hotel are a minority but mistakes do happen and I always think it would be better to have to sort it out beforehand if that was the case.

Although I have been fortunate to never have had major problems with Travel Republic, I have had occasion to contact customer services to sort out minor issues prior to travelling and they have dealt with them fairly efficiently.

I've booked my accomodation and transfers via them for my latest holiday - in 2 days time and having had a very friendly email reply from the hotel I will be setting off confident that there is a room waiting for me!