We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel24-deals.co.uk

Great Yarmouth
Level Contributor
18 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Travel24-deals.co.uk

Has anyone used this company? Their offers seem to be too good to be true

Thanks

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
3,689 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel24-deals.co.uk

Have you searched the forums to see if it's shown up in posts before?

If it's too good to be true, it very likely is.

ktown

Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel24-deals.co.uk

It does admittedly seem suspiciously generous but the company in general is certainly legit. They are big in Germany, an early starter in the online-only holiday providers, and have a big yearly turnover. Their financial report is can be found online if you search for "travel24" and "ircenter". Within that it explains that in 2011 they began to do offers to the UK market, which might explain why there are no reviews online for them or their holidays.

However, it seems a little strange that their are NO comments/reviews online about it, that i can find. You'd expect a couple even if it's only been active for 6 months. Also, their main website for UK customers is travel24.co.uk, which looks similar to travel24-deals but is a seperate website. So it is possible that the deals site is a dodgy copycat version. It's also possible that it a legit side-site for travel24, it depends how suspicious you are. The contact email on their main UK website is support@travel24.co.uk so i'd suggest anyone with doubts email them and judge them on their reply.

London, United...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel24-deals.co.uk

I rang the hotel in Ireland and the manager said that she had never heard of them and thanked me for letting them know. She would make enquiries with head office. forwarded the email to her offering the deal. She said she will ring me back

Edited: 28 June 2012, 09:56
Canterbury, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel24-deals.co.uk

I have used travel24-deals twice now, and can confirm that this is a legit company and there deals are very real. On the 2 deals me and my wife have booked, we have been delighted with our stay and plan to rebook again later this year if a suitable London deal arises. I was also dubious at first, as I hadnt heard of the company prior to booking, but having looked on line and carried out some pre booking research, I established that they are owned by German Company Unister Holding GmbH, one of the largest online travel agencies in Germany, they operate several travel websites Europe Wide including travel24.co.uk. www.travel24-deals.co.uk is their sister website. If in doubt call the hotel advertised prior to booking and see if the deal covers the dates you plan to visit and whether they have availabilty, that way I am sure the hotel will answer any doubts you may have, and confirm to you that the deal is legit/... or not.....for those hotels who claim the deal is not legit, then it may be considered that the deal may have sold well and they no longer want to take bookings this way??? perhaps?? who knows...ive only had good experienceswith this company so far...FANTASTIC BREAKS at FAB PRICES ...however, I will let you know if this changes!!

5. Re: Travel24-deals.co.uk

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 November 2012, 15:26
Yorkshire
Level Contributor
15 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel24-deals.co.uk

I have just phoned the suite hotel near Amsterdam to confirm that the offer I was looking at this morning was legit and I'm afraid they knew nothing of the deal or the company. Aparently the deals are too good to be true! Buyer beware.

7. Re: Travel24-deals.co.uk

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

London, UK
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Travel24-deals.co.uk

To Chris B

I have a voucher for £50, which I bought for £9.99 from Travel24-deals.co.uk, and which can only be used on the fly.co.uk website as a discount towards a flight. I wanted to use it and book my flight tonight but have seen that Fly.co.uk has very bad reviews on TripAdvisor and MoneySupermarket.com, so I now feel it is very risky to book a flight using this website. Not only that but my voucher would not activate and the company are saying they will refund the £50 to my credit card manually after the plane's departure if I book with them! The flight prices have gone up over the last few days after my voucher would not activate at the weekend, so I'll have to pay more now after waiting two days for an answer from them. The only reason for booking with them is to get my £40 discount but it doesn't sound from the reviews that fly.co.uk are to be trusted.

If you can vouch for the legitimacy of Travel24-deals.co.uk, why are people calling fly.co.uk, the flight booking service to which they are affiliated and which you are forced to use if you want to use the voucher, crooks?

9. Re: Travel24-deals.co.uk

London, UK
3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Travel24-deals.co.uk

I appreciate your very prompt reply. Trouble is the flight I wanted booked direct with British Airways, after suddenly shooting up since last Saturday, also went up from 141 euros to 190 euros since last night, so I'll now have to look at other flights.

I am surprised and disappointed that employees of Travel24-deals.co.uk don't know about how fly.co.uk operates since you can only use the Travel24-deals voucher with fly.co.uk and there's no point in buying the flight voucher if so many people are saying that website is a scam. Furthermore, the flight I was intending to get last Saturday is now not appearing on their website at all. So Fly.co.uk have caused me a tremendous amount of wasted time and now money through the lure of the Travel24-deals.co.uk voucher scheme.

abba_11