We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Retnal Cars Canada

Auckland Region...
2 posts
Save Topic
Retnal Cars Canada

We are travelling in Canada (around Vancouver, Banff, Whistler etc) in August and a relooking for a rental car. Holiday cars seem to be the cheapest but was wondering if anyone has feedback on them. What rental companies do you recommend?

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
16,536 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Retnal Cars Canada

I would repost in the Vancouver or Banff forums, since the locals are probably most familiar with the services offered by Holiday Cars. I've only used National, Budget, and Avis in Western Canada. I rented from Vancouver once (ski trip) and used National with no issues.

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
3,689 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Retnal Cars Canada

Definitely agree about posting it in the forums suggested by bk_t1.

Since you're not from North America it may make sense to book with a company that includes all insurance etc (I know it does for people from the UK) so you will hopefully get some replies from people who know about this issue.

ktown

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
37 posts
217 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Retnal Cars Canada

Lydia, I have not used Holiday Car rental, but I just visited their website.

Their rates are not less than those quoted at individual car company websites. Also they asked me to pre-pay the rental.

Instead I rented for 24 days directly through Budget without having to pre-pay. I rented from a location away from the YVR airport which was a lot cheaper.

4. Re: Retnal Cars Canada

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 01 November 2012, 22:05
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Retnal Cars Canada

^^^

Reported for advertising.

OP- I have frequently rented cars in Canada, and have usually just used "name your own price" with PL with no problem. Have also used Hotwire. Usually receive a Hertz car for some reason.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
71,101 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Retnal Cars Canada

Old post from June, with the OP travelling in August 2012.

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
63 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Retnal Cars Canada

If you are going outside of the province you rent in check the rules, some allow, some dont, if you rent from a small local company and breakdown, it wont be fun. Check rentalcarmomma or other such companies for coupons that will then link you to whichever company you want and last but not least, make sure you get unlimited mileage.

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
3,689 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Retnal Cars Canada

tomatoe88 - The OP's trip was in August.

ktown

9. Re: Retnal Cars Canada

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 11:19
Get answers to your questions