We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bargain travel scenic road trip Van to Oregon & Washington

Vancouver
8 posts
Save Topic
Bargain travel scenic road trip Van to Oregon & Washington

We are driving down from Vancouver (my boyfriend and I) and would like to experience the Oregon coast and highlights of Portland and Oregon and then go through the highlights of Seattle and Washington on our way back. We are doing it all on a budget but would really like to see and experience as much as we can this weekend as we have a long wknd here in Canada (Canada Day).

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
3,689 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bargain travel scenic road trip Van to Oregon & Washington

Sorry, what is your specific question?

ktown

Vancouver
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bargain travel scenic road trip Van to Oregon & Washington

We would like to drive the most scenic route from Vancouver through Washington to get to the Oregon Coast. We will leave either tonight or very early in the morning and expect to be driving the majority of the trip as we want to see so much, but want to see the scenery on the coast prior to ideally turning back inland to go through Portland and north to Seattle prior to heading back to Vancouver. We realize there is not much time for this trip and are playing it by ear, but would love advice on roads to take, scenery to see, places to stay (hostels or inexpensive hotels) attractions, live music, wineries/beer or and restaurants.

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
3,689 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bargain travel scenic road trip Van to Oregon & Washington

I've never been there so can't help, but since you are leaving so soon I'd highly suggest you post this in the forums for the cities your are visiting that get lots of posts.

ktown

England, United...
Level Contributor
1,803 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bargain travel scenic road trip Van to Oregon & Washington

Might be worth you posting this on the Road Trips forum although could be too late now

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g1-i12567-Road_T…

Edited: 30 June 2012, 18:23
Bend, Oregon
Level Contributor
2 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bargain travel scenic road trip Van to Oregon & Washington

Not sure where you are or whether or not you are on the coast or here on the High Desert. If on the coast, The aquarium in Newport is amazing. Mo's great for seafood dinner. If in Bend (where I reside) a great FREE thing that we locals do is to float the Deschutes River...by small raft, paddle board, air mattress, or inner tube...any craft will do. Start at Farewell Bend park. You'll see where to take out. Oh, the shuttle back to your car costs $2.50...for a full day. Well, almost free! From Farewell Bend park, you can also hike the River Trail,,,a gorgeous urban wilderness experience.

6. Re: Bargain travel scenic road trip Van to Oregon & Washington

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2013, 23:47