We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendations on holiday

Wexford
Level Contributor
26 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Recommendations on holiday

Hi all a very general query my wife has a big birthday coming up in Dec 30th 2013, so I want to try and plan a memorable holiday after xmas for 10 - 14 nights with two children with 17 & 15.

Been to Aus, loved Singapore, Bali, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Fiji but think they may be a bit too far for the time we've got. Also been to Portugal, Istanbul, Stockholm, Copenhagen, Munich, Berlin, Villnius, Paris

We have been skiing Europe for a few years and love skiing but I can't help feeling if we booked a skiing holiday it wouldn't be much different than any other year. Of course there is the option of skiing Canada or America though again is it a case that a snow covered mountain in Canada is no different to one in Europe?

Haven't been to North or S. America, Africa, Arab states, Caribbean, Russia, India, Thailand so can anyone give me some advice on where to go.

Difficult to know where to start so any help much appreciated.

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
3,689 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommendations on holiday

How about Cuba?

ktown

Sheffield
Level Contributor
4,266 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommendations on holiday

I'd suggest Cuba too. It really is like you see on tv with the old cars and music everywhere. Rum too of course and lovely people. We loved every minute.

3. Re: Recommendations on holiday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 July 2013, 10:15