We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Don't use agoda.com!!

Columbus, Ohio
1 post
Save Topic
Don't use agoda.com!!

Recently, my boyfriend and I were travelling in southern Spain. We had plans to visit Marrakech, Morocco and made reservations for the Hotel Atlas Asni through agoda.com. We had plans to take a ferry from southern Spain to Morocco, but the port was closed for 2 days due to dangerously high winds. Since we were delayed, we never made it to Marrakech to the Hotel Atlas Asni. I called and emailed as soon as I knew our Morocco agenda would change to cancel our reservation. I was told that the cancellation policy only allowed for refunds if cancelled 2 days in advance. Of course, we could not have predicted a weather emergency 2 days in advance! Agoda had charged our credit card the full amount prior to the date of the reservation and would not grant a refund despite my emails to customer service explaining that we had no control over the situation. I was told that the policy is stated on the website and that "agoda has no control over this policy." Really?? No control over their own policy? They blamed the hotel. I have contacted the hotel and am waiting for a reply, but surely agoda doesn't get their booking fee if the refund is granted. Don't use agoda.com!

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
10,255 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Don't use agoda.com!!

Every hotel has a cancellation policy and if you can't cancel within the stated time frame it is unlikely you will get a refund. Stuff happens.

2. Re: Don't use agoda.com!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 14:16