We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Europe on a Budget

Edmonton, Canada
5 posts
Save Topic
Europe on a Budget

My partner and I are planning on Traveling through Europe and the UK late 2013, and are just starting to look into accommodation.

I just wanted some advice in terms of cheap accommodation, are backpackers the way to go? we are happy to stay in backpackers but would like to get a private room when possible.

The tour we are using stops in the following cities:

Paris

Bruges

Amsterdam

Berlin

Dresden

Prague

Vienna

Munich

Venice

Rome

Florence

Nice

Barcelona

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
3,177 posts
319 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Europe on a Budget

Hostels. Review the web sites for them at the destinations you mention. Happy travels!

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,160 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Europe on a Budget

Also a couple links above on the right side of the page, on travelling Europe frugally, etc.

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
3,689 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Europe on a Budget

Hostels are often the cheapest way to go, but not always. Hotels or B & B's can sometimes work out cheaper when 2 people are traveling together. The only way to get the best accommodation at the lowest price is research research research.

What tour are you taking? I ask because as a general rule tours are more expensive than independent travel, and you seem to be traveling on a budget.

ktown

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Brooklyn
Level Contributor
1,886 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Europe on a Budget

I've stayed in many of these cities on a budget, my recommendations below:

Paris - Marmotel

Berlin - City Hostel Berlin

Vienna - Wombats Hostel

Munich - Kings Hotel

Venice - Ai Do Mori

Rome - Testaccio B&B * just stayed here you will love it*

Florence - Plus Florence

For the rest, if you are on a bargain budget, first check out hostels on Tripadvisor and look at the prices for a private room (I always stay in private rooms). But in Europe, sometimes private rooms cost as much as if not more than a hotel for 2 people, so be careful. Bed & Breakfasts and Pensions are good, provided they have good reviews and cheap prices. Tripadvisor has been invaluable to me as a resource.

5. Re: Europe on a Budget

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 02:16