We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Asking for compensation?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
33 posts
274 reviews
Save Topic
Asking for compensation?

Companies like Ibis compensate you if service is not up to scratch. AirAsia pays rm 200 if a flight is delayed by more than 2 hours. If you stay in a hotel and get bad service, say, there's no one at reception for checkin and checkout, the hot water in the shower is working (works after 1 hour), etc should you ask for compensation / discount?

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
3,689 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Asking for compensation?

Ask for whatever you think is fair.

I don't think I've ever actually asked for compensation, but I've been given free rooms, great discounts, free meals, discount certificates etc. just by pleasantly letting people know of the problem I've experienced.

ktown

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,372 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Asking for compensation?

If the service is not up to scratch, complain and tell them explicitly how they have failed to reach the standard of service you expect from them.

Also let the company know what you want. An apology? A reduction off your bill?To be moved to a different room, or even hotel? Does the company have a Customer Charter which sets out what they will do in the event of their service failing to meet your expectations?

You are more likely to get satisfaction if you specify what exactly went wrong and what you want them to do to put things right, rather than making vague demands for 'compensation'.

3. Re: Asking for compensation?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 January 2014, 21:18