We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

suggestions to buy flight tickets for a multi-city travel

Istanbul, Turkey
3 posts
Save Topic
suggestions to buy flight tickets for a multi-city travel

Hello to everbody,

I am planning to flight

from İstanbul to Seattle (05/08-09/2013) than

from Los angeles to New york (05/18-19/2013) and than

from New York to İstanbul (05/21-22/2013)

This will be the first for me to fly over continents and see a new world so I need your help.

Firstly Should I buy the tickets from a multi-city selective websites at once (with one ticket) ? or what you suggest ; for instance Should I buy the flight ticket of Los angles to Newyork in America, can I find cheaper tickets there in May ?

Thanks

Kerem

Edited: 12 January 2013, 09:29
Windermere, United...
Level Contributor
394 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: suggestions to buy flight tickets for a multi-city travel

I did a quick multi city flight search on Kayak and its around £900 if you split it into 4 flights: IST-JFK, JFK to Seattle, LAX to JFK and then JFK to IST. All flights were non stop and came up with Delta. American Airlines were a similar price but stopped at London Heathrow.

Perhaps play around on the airline sites directly.

I originally thought it would be cheaper flying to New York return and then booking internal flights but think the other works out cheaper.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
14,643 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: suggestions to buy flight tickets for a multi-city travel

You can book everything on a single ticket though usually you'll get more options if you split of the US domestic part from the transatlantic part. So you can book an open jaw ticket for the latter (IST-SEA, NYC-IST) and look for a one-way flight from LAX to NYC.

I suggest you buy everything well in advance unless you don't want to pay premium prices.

Edited: 12 January 2013, 10:40
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
14,643 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: suggestions to buy flight tickets for a multi-city travel

Correction, that last line should read "unless you *want* to pay premium prices".

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
3,689 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: suggestions to buy flight tickets for a multi-city travel

I agree that you don't want to wait until May to purchase any of your tickets because you'll likely pay a premium price.

Try looking on itasoftware for flight prices. I too think your best bet might be one ticket flying into Seattle and out of New York, and then buying a separate ticket to get you from L.A. to New York. There are quite a few airlines that fly L.A. to New York that would be ruled out if you booked all your flights with the same carrier because they don't fly to Istanbul.

ktown

Istanbul, Turkey
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: suggestions to buy flight tickets for a multi-city travel

thank you for your help guys I considered your suggestions and searched deeply on the net. At the end I bought my tickets from expedia.com. It is really better than other sites I think. The best tickets on the net I bought :) Just 745 dollars form İST to Seattle and NY to İST . Because its cheap and also flight times are wonderfull (15h & 10h) :) I have decided to buy LA to NY ticket separately. and I suggest the below sites to search multy city selective flights .

expedia.com

orbit.com

kayak.com

Istanbul, Turkey
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: suggestions to buy flight tickets for a multi-city travel

correction ;

website is www.orbitz.com not orbit

7. Re: suggestions to buy flight tickets for a multi-city travel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 January 2014, 07:15