We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Priceline travel insurance is a scam

Level Contributor
25 posts
130 reviews
Save Topic
Priceline travel insurance is a scam

I booked a room at a hotel and the road to the hotel was closed due to a snow storm. I did try to call PL customer service and the hotel which was useless. I had purchased trip insurance and I did follow the guidelines, they simply do not pay. I went back on the charge to my credit card, but PL disputed the charge and won stating that I needed to contact the insurance company that they use, not PL itself. After three rounds of disputes with my credit card and numerous attempts to get the money back from the insurance, I decided that I was overpowered. This included multiple back and forth correspondence over a 90 pd. They got my money, but I hope that everyone that reads this will know that it is a scam.

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
10,820 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Priceline travel insurance is a scam

I googled Berkley Care and found that they also offer travel insurance for cruises. It doesn't sound like a scam company.

One of the complaints I read was from a person who was not covered for a flight change do to a work schedule. He thinks it's a scam too even though he admits that type of change was not covered by the policy.

Level Contributor
25 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Priceline travel insurance is a scam

My post is "Priceline INSURANCE is a scam", not PL.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Priceline travel insurance is a scam

Berkely Care is a reputable company and does not engage in "scams". I can only assume, since I have not read your policy, that you didn't read it carefully either, and you filed a claim for something your policy did not cover.

If you feel you were denied in error, file an appeal.

14. Re: Priceline travel insurance is a scam

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 February 2014, 06:17
Get answers to your questions