We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

7-14 days cheap vacation in march?

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Topic
7-14 days cheap vacation in march?

I haven't travelled much in my life... like never. lol This time I want to go with my bf on a vacation. We are from Montreal, Canada. The budget for the trip (all expenses included) is limited, maybe $1,200 can. dollars per person. The vacation can be anywhere in the world, and for a duration of 7-14 days in the 2nd half of March.

Of course ideally, I can imagine being on a beach in a beautiful resort with warm weather, but anywhere else in the world like famous cities full of places to visit and things to do would be nice too.

Which cities have the cheapest offers in late march? Basically I don't want to pay 1,200$ per person for a trip in march that can be bought at 600$ per person in a different month. So I'm trying to see what great places to visit that have better deals in march compared to most of the rest of the year.

Can anyone please make suggestions, it would be very appreciated. Thank you very much.

Level Contributor
1,494 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 7-14 days cheap vacation in march?

7-14 days is a long time to be away on that budget. Airfare alone to some places may be 1,200/pp. For instance, probably the cheapest place (and coolest) for you to try is somewhere in SE Asia (Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Thailand). If you want a trip of a lifetime, go there. You can eat very well for under $2/pp.

The other place to try, and it will be cheaper to get there, is Central/South America.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,800 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 7-14 days cheap vacation in march?

When I'm in a situation like you, I hop onto a website like orbitz (or expedia, travelocity, etc.) and start pricing out trips to see "what's out there" in my price range. I usually get a good idea of package deals vs. purchasing airfare and hotels separately directly from the vendor. Skycanner.net is good for looking at "where can I go" from a departure point also kayak.com/expore.

For $1200 per person, you might want to look at Florida or spots in Mexico, like Cancun. Costa Rica might work, if you can afford the airfare down there. $2400 for 2 (including airfare) is not a lot these days. Also consider finding a local travel agent who might help you.

Level Contributor
1,691 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 7-14 days cheap vacation in march?

Go to Expedia and plug in your dates for Miami Fl, from Montreal. Looks like $1500 is a little low. For $1800 there are a few decent flight/hotels options listed. Try the airline vacation websites. Hint tonight after midnight you'll see the best airfare prices from the airlines.

Edited: 05 March 2013, 21:36
Level Contributor
10,275 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 7-14 days cheap vacation in march?

Florida will offer nice warm beaches. What about Orlando? You can stay in a nice hotel in Orlando for $50-$75 per night. The Atlantic Ocean and Gulf of Mexico are only a short drive in either direction. Rental cars are reasonable too. Maybe drive down to the Keys also. I think it would make a great first trip.

Edited: 06 March 2013, 00:30
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,193 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 7-14 days cheap vacation in march?

I think that is enough money to take a 14 day driving trip in the USA where we have lots to see, and plenty of inexpensive hotels and food. Don't stay in the big cities (visit them during the day). Head South where it will be warmer. Get a map and a travel book and see what interests you.

Otherwise, Florida, or maybe a cruise. Shop around to find a deal.

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
3,689 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 7-14 days cheap vacation in march?

You could also try Cuba.

7. Re: 7-14 days cheap vacation in march?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 March 2014, 05:16