We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My first experience with Travelrepublic.co.uk - FRUSTRATING

London, England...
1 post
Save Topic
My first experience with Travelrepublic.co.uk - FRUSTRATING

When booking my hotel, I carefully read through a substantial and complicated cancellation policy, requiring three days' notice. Yet when I tried to cancel three days prior, I was told that deeper in the cancellation requirements was a line saying that no cancellation was possible under any circumstances. I find this to be entirely misleading. There needs to be a clear, bold notice simply saying that no cancellation is possible without any mention of terms and conditions that don't apply.. In fact, a search through Travel Republic's listings turned up absolutely no accommodation anywhere in the world where cancellation is possible. So why mention notice, if not simply to mislead? This was a deeply frustrating experience. Customer Service was unhelpful and unsympathetic. I could not recommend Travel Republic on any level.

1. Re: My first experience with Travelrepublic.co.uk - FRUSTRATING

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 07 May 2013, 22:35
Hants, UK
Level Contributor
2,802 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: My first experience with Travelrepublic.co.uk - FRUSTRATING

Quite a few people on here seem to have had trouble with Travel Reblic, maybe you should have just looked on here before you booked with them.

London, United...
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: My first experience with Travelrepublic.co.uk - FRUSTRATING

Hi John, my name is Kristen and I work for Travel Republic. Our standard cancellation terms are that most accommodation bookings can be cancelled outside of 2 weeks for a 20% loss, or 100% within two weeks of departure, but there are exceptions to these terms depending on who your accommodation provider is. You can check out our FAQs for more information on this cancellation policy, I've attached the link below. Furthermore, I can take a better look at your specific situation if you'd like, just message me your reference, many thanks. www.travelrepublic.co.uk/faq/FAQAnswer.aspx…

4. Re: My first experience with Travelrepublic.co.uk - FRUSTRATING

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 May 2014, 05:16