We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunshine .co.uk

South Yorkshire
Level Contributor
106 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Sunshine .co.uk

About 6 years ago i booked accomodation for my daughters through Sunshine.Co.Uk once they arrived the accommodation was not available it was double booked so they were put in a different hotel an 18-30s which they did not want and the holiday was completely ruined of course Sunshine would not admit any responsibility i have now just booked with them again(stupid me) but thought maybe that was just a one off and it was 6 years ago how silly am i. Iwas at work yesterday and i received a text from sunshine to urgently check my email (we ware due to travel today) upon having to leave work early to get home and check my email with a dreaded feeling i checked and guess what the hotel was was double booked and not available and we are due to travel in less than 24 hours i speak to some one at sunshine and i get the reply that once again its not there fault its the hotelier which i do not believe. Are they sellinghotels which are not available and then leave it till the final hour to let the customer know then offer you different accommodation which you really don't want but really have to accept because of the late hour which is what we have had to do. I asked for alternative accomodation of similar to my original booking and yes they offered me a choice of 3 but guess what? yes the price was double so unfortunately we cannot afford to do this. I will never again book with Sunshine .Co .UK oh yes i forgot to add because of the previous experience with this company i actually telephoned them and spoke to the admin depatment i asked the question is this accomodation definitely available and the reply was Yes if it is showing on line available then it is what a load of nonsense. I would not advise anyone to book with this company

75 replies to this topic
London, United...
Level Contributor
656 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunshine .co.uk

sunshine.co.uk - reviewcentre.com/reviews249861.html#Reviews

sunshine.co.uk is a trading name of Hays Travel Ltd - www.reviewcentre.com/reviews117314.html

London, United...
Level Contributor
109 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunshine .co.uk

Just go above their head mate, see who they are bonded with. If they have lied I'm sure it'll be proven.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
34,959 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunshine .co.uk

Sunshine are an agent. They don't overbook hotels, the hotels overbook themselves, just like airlines. It's standard practice. When they do, someone gets bumped, and its the people that pay cheap rates through online sites, not the hotels direct bookers who pay rack rates.

London, United...
Level Contributor
109 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunshine .co.uk

I'd agree with the above every time, but it does sound highly suspicious to happen to him twice, and 6 years apart!!

But like Leyland says, that is pretty standard.

London, United...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunshine .co.uk

I would not use this company, I booked a hotel had to cancel 3 days later due to unforeseen problems ,although the travel date was not four over4 months down the line they still charged us 80 pounds ,other companys offer free cancellation, in future I would use them

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunshine .co.uk

Think very carefully before booking with sunshine they dont have a department if somethning goes wrong

London, England
Level Contributor
8,284 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sunshine .co.uk

They will be booking their accommodation through a bedbank or agent. They probably did originally book the correct hotel, but now that hotel has overbooked. A very common practice in high season. The alternative accommodation should be of equal or higher standard. I would also ask them what they are offering as compensation.

London
Level Contributor
2 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sunshine .co.uk

I tried to use this website and it all went rather badly. I made a hotel booking online for an important wedding but eventually found out that it hadn't been confirmed. They didn't try to contact me at all. They were pretty apathetic on the phone after ignoring my emails. Not worth risking using such an amateur outfit, avoid!

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
6 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sunshine .co.uk

I too booked with sunshine holidays.co.uk and guess what one week before I was going on holiday they wrote to me saying the hotel was over booked and could not stay at the hotel. After several e-mails they told me there was no hotels available of the same standard so would have to stay at a lower standard but upgrade from bed and breakfast to half board. I told the this was no good as I enjoy eating out in the evening and also what they were offering was £70.00 cheaper on their website. In the end I got a full refund and ended up paying more money with a reputable travel agent to stay at the same hotel for five nights. I would highly recommend to use a reputable travel agent than. Low cost web based company

10. Re: Sunshine .co.uk

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12 October 2014, 12:05

Reply to: Sunshine .co.uk
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted