We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NYC: Euros to Dollars HELP!

Dallas, Texas
4 posts
Save Topic
NYC: Euros to Dollars HELP!

Where is the best place in NYC to exchange Euros to US Dollars?

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
27,355 posts
5,590 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: NYC: Euros to Dollars HELP!

Hello artchik9,

Welcome to the Bargain Travel forum. You can easily change money in NYC at any of the major banks as well as the Forrex dealers found within the main tourist areas on Manhattan island, assuming this is where you intend to spend the majority of your time.

In the end, I'd suggest researching this question on the New York City forum though and icking up with the local experts there suggest to do for exchanging your Euro for USD. Here is the link if helpful.

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g60763-i5-New_York…

Hope this is useful and that you enjoy your trip to the Big Apple.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
60,824 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: NYC: Euros to Dollars HELP!

I have always found that Forex has terrible exchange rates so would never use them!

I also wonder why you need to change euros to dollars in NYC if you are located in Chicago?

The banks there will change them too.

On the other hand after I travel to Europe I NEVER change the euros back into dollars because you always lose money on that sort of transaction! I just save the euros for my next trip.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
27,355 posts
5,590 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: NYC: Euros to Dollars HELP!

Could be that the OP is based in Chicago and simply wants to get rid of some extra Euro they have from previous trips to Europe. However, if this is the case, banks in Chicago would seem to be just as good a place to swap them for USD.

In the end, if I were based in Chicago and visiting NYC, I'd simply use my cash point (ATM) card and pull out dollars before or after arriving in NYC. I'd also hold my Euro for a futre trip.....

Dallas, Texas
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: NYC: Euros to Dollars HELP!

I moved and just haven't updated my address on this site.

5. Re: NYC: Euros to Dollars HELP!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 July 2014, 05:17