We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Latitude and Longitude.co

Louisville, Kentucky
2 posts
Save Topic
Latitude and Longitude.co

Believe we just got scammed by a bogus travel company called Latitude and Longitude. Cost is $8995 but reduced $1000 for military, $1000 for signing up on the spot, and $1000 for not taking promised 2 free airline tickets and Olive Garden $30 free meal... all offered by phone call if attend 90 minute presentation.

Total cost $6245.

Promised 30-60% off all travel vacations by serving as a Wal-Mart... their only income they argue is the $249 yearly fee that keeps you a member (once you pay the initial $8995 fee). They boasted of 150,000 members. You can cancel at any time they say... they are very slick and answered every question with savy. The only problem... they look like a shell with a bogus travel company (they said they have 350 employees in Casper WY... (can't find them listed except for a suite on an office floor) and they boasted they are a multi-million $ company since 1990.

When done, they have you sign about 15 documents in a rush to process your membership. The catch is that in the 3 day right-to-cancel papers there is small detail of 15% fee for processing if you cancel (for us this will be about $1000). We immediately protested by calling our credit card and they said they will dispute the charges. I'm sure it is going to cost us at least $1000 when we are all done... if not more.

First began to sense it was a scam when I looked at the documents they gave us closer after the closing. No clear addresses... except for a processing company in Delaware. No web sites except for the one he showed me at the presentation... but found the same web site under a different name used last year A2Z. What just a front with a membership required to enter so you couldn't check it out on site. No addresses for the company in Casper... just a suite in an office building.

They have operated in the past under other bogus names such as Vacation Travel Club and A2Z Vacations. If you google these, you will find the same scam. AVOID THEM. Would love to join a class action lawsuit against them to shut them down once and for all.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
25,420 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Latitude and Longitude.co

Yes I suspect you have been scammed - one of many. Those other companies you've named are all familiar around these forums, suggest you do a search.

New Smyrna Beach...
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Latitude and Longitude.co

We offer great deals on all forms of travel- from cruises and tours to hotels and rental cars! Please contact our office with your member number to speak with a live travel agent. We are available from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM EST Monday - Friday and 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM EST on Saturdays. We receive our discounted rates from our hundreds of wholesalers. We have contracts with many Fortune 500 companies (encompassing all major travel search engines) not to mention all cruise lines and most hotels.

Please keep in mind that we are a completely separate company from the one which you purchased your membership through. They handle your contract, whereas we handle your entire travel fulfillment. We do not go by any other names. Other companies that have been mentioned are companies that only sell our memberships. They provide no travel discounts or access to travel agents. They are simply a sales business.

If you have any questions about the travel club that you have purchased into, please contact our office. We are a legitimate travel club that has great rapport with our thousands of members. If you ever feel uneasy about your purchase into our club, we urge you to contact us and a live agent will be available to address any concerns that you have. Our company provides real discounts on real vacations for real members. Please try us out for yourself.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
25,420 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Latitude and Longitude.co

>>>We have contracts with many Fortune 500 companies (encompassing all major travel search engines) not to mention all cruise lines and most hotels<<<

Interesting.

Care to list who exactly in Fortune 500, have direct contracts with you?

Care to list which hotel groups have direct contract with you?

Danville, Virginia
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Latitude and Longitude.co

My parents live in Floyd's Knobs IN and called me today to tell me they signed up for this last night. I was trying to find some info about the company and couldn't, your post on here is all I could find. Would like some more info from you if you have it. My name is Josh Zeidler and my email is joshzeidler@yahoo.com

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
25,420 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Latitude and Longitude.co

Josh, this is not a portal for company communications. It's a public forum. I'd highly suggest you remove your personal email address

Danville, Virginia
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Latitude and Longitude.co

Well...I posted my email address to communicate with others who may have been scammed as well latitude and longitude.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
25,420 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Latitude and Longitude.co

Your choice.

Others? Think real carefully for a minute.

Why would others - who have just been allegedly 'scammed' - trust a complete strangers email address and start communicating? It's exactly this sort of naivety that gets people scammed in the first place.

Edited: 27 November 2013, 20:21
Kansas City...
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Latitude and Longitude.co

I signed with them last night and then began doing research today and found these and other comments on the web. Feeling pretty stupid for doing research after paying my money. Since there is a contract involved, my credit card company will not stop payment. They said I would have to follow the cancellation procedure outlined in the contract before they will initiate a dispute. They told me that the payment had been made to Universal Concepts (first time I had heard that name).

I called the number the company gave me today and asked for their address. They were hesitant but eventually gave me the following:

9550 S Eastern Ave

Las Vegas, NV 89123

Called the Better Business Bureau and they have no record of the company. Called the county court for Las Vegas and they referred me to the state Secretary of State. The Sec of State office has no record of the company. They suggested I call the Federal Trade Commission. They can't help. So I'm left with not knowing if the company has any legitimacy. I expect not but can't know without using their services to find out and then it will be too late to cancel my membership.

Louisville, Kentucky
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Latitude and Longitude.co

You have 3 days to cancel... do so immediately. Go back to where they are and demand a full refund and they will probably give it. If not, stand outside and tell everyone it is a scam job and they will give you full refund but probably demand you sign a paper to not say anything more.

Kansas City...
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Latitude and Longitude.co

We were there Monday. Very high pressure and marginally dishonest about what the package includes. Many layers of companies. Hard to know who you are dealing with. "free" airline tickets cost $50 each and have so many restrictions that make they hard to use. We didn't buy and felt assaulted and bullied. Glad to get out of there. Stay away!!!