We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cheapest possible flights

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Topic
cheapest possible flights

Years ago, my daughter and I used to use a site called lastcall.flights.com to book flights. As were slightly off season, usually at the end of June, we always managed to get cheap accommodation once we arrived at out destination. Anyway, when you went into lastcall flights, you could just put in that your departure airport was Glasgow, and it would give you a list of flights departing from Glasgow in the next 2 or 3 days and also how many spare seats were available on each flight. You then had to telephone to book your seats. Using this system, we went all over the place very cheaply, for example we got 2 return flights to Sousse in Tunisia for £21 each, and got a hotel in Sousse for £70 for the 2 of us for a week. So it made a very cheap holiday. This company no longer seems to exist (unless you know better) but as I'm not so poor as I was then, I don't really need their very cheap prices, but what I really liked about lastcall flights was I didn't have to enter a destination. I just put in my preferred departure airport, and it came up with all the places I could go to from Glasgow. Does anyone know of a similar site which doesn't ask where you want to go, but just gives you the best deals?? I might be less poor but I'm still stingy! Also, as I have now retired and my daughter still works I would be going alone, and as a single traveller I don't want to be hammered with extra costs? I prefer to stay in towns, for example when we went to Zakynthos, we stayed in a great wee hotel right in the town centre. I have no urge to sit by a pool all day, or eat nothing but hotel food.

Level Contributor
2,560 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cheapest possible flights

Hi aceteachGlasgow,

Some links here may help. I personally would use as a guide, then check prices direct with the chosen airline! Not always a good idea to book third party with a TA. And remember to read TCs!

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
6,544 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cheapest possible flights

I always use www.skyscanner.net i always manage to get good deals this way, remember to tick the direct flights box (under destination box) and also put for the whole month instead of specific dates, as you may go out with one airline and back with another, this is often cheaper

3. Re: cheapest possible flights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 January 2015, 06:19
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question