We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Left without a rental car by Cheapoair and Ace Rent a Car

Kennewick...
1 post
Save Topic
Left without a rental car by Cheapoair and Ace Rent a Car

My family flew to Tampa, FL airport during the week between Christmas, 2013 and New Years. We had booked airline tickets and a rental car from Ace Rent a Car for one week, both through Cheapoair. When we arrived in Florida and called the number provided for passenger pick-up, Ace said they had no car available then and to call back in one hour. One hour later, they still had no car and said to call back after 4 pm, 4 hours later. When asked if we were guaranteed a car at that time, they said no. This was despite having the reservation for over 2 months. I called Cheapoair, and they also called the rental car company and confirmed the information. He made it clear that we were on our own and that all we could expect in compensation was to be reimbursed our booking fee. They could clearly give a rip that they were not fulfilling the reservation and did absolutely nothing to help us in our predicament.

I WILL NEVER use Cheapoair or Ace rent a car and wouldn't have if I had done more diligence in checking out reviews. Any search or clearinghouse service should remove Cheapoair and Ace from their options.

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
10,816 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Left without a rental car by Cheapoair and Ace Rent a Car

The sad part is you could probably have booked your airfare directly with the airline for the same price and there is usually no need to pre pay for a rental car. If you book directly with the rental car companies you most often aren't charged until you return the car. With some patience and diligence you might have been able to rent at the same price from a major company located at the airport terminal instead of an off brand that required a shuttle ride.

2. Re: Left without a rental car by Cheapoair and Ace Rent a Car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 January 2015, 06:19