We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lowcostholidays.com is it a shame?

1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
lowcostholidays.com is it a shame?

Any one else been stung by this company.

Booked a hotel last week got a confirmation number and everything looked fine. Reserved my flights with another company as cheaper. Then got an email the following week telling me that the booking for the hotel had failed. No apology or explanation. The alternative offered by lowcostholidays.com was an extra £350 and not on the beach as the original hotel

The odd thing is I have been back on the web site an the same hotel is still available but cheaper?

Is this common practice?

What action can I take against them?

Any advise welcome.

Syracuse, New York
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, West Bay, Syracuse
Level Contributor
4,347 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: lowcostholidays.com is it a shame?

The best action is not ever to book with a company like that. most of the travel experts on here advise to book directly with the hotel because it cuts out the middleman and insulates you from this sort of thing.

Presumably you paid by credit card or PayPal? Dispute the charge - that sends the lawyers from those companies after the reseller, and you don't have to do anything.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
2,542 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: lowcostholidays.com is it a shame?

Hi r00ns3,

Never had this happen personally.I'd get in touch and tell them the hotel is still advertised on their website! Contact link below. See what they have to say!

http://www.lowcostholidays.com/contactus.aspx

Some info Re Low Cost.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187525-i191-k71…

Heard of the same thing happen to another poster with a different TA on the Benidorm forum. The hotel in question disappeared off the site, and then reappeared with a higher price! In a nutshell, the poster, after contacting the agent, and then them, pursuing directly with the hotel, she had the original booking reinstated at the price she booked!

Margaurite

Edited: 27 January 2014, 19:09
3. Re: lowcostholidays.com is it a shame?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 29 January 2014, 15:35
Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
783 posts
264 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: lowcostholidays.com is it a shame?

No problem with hotel but now getting conned re flights, see my other post!!

5. Re: lowcostholidays.com is it a shame?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 January 2015, 06:18