We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone used HotelTravel.com to book hotel stay?

Wisconsin
11 posts
Save Topic
Has anyone used HotelTravel.com to book hotel stay?

We are going to Riviera Maya in March and HotelTravel.com has much better rates than most of the other on-line agencies. Are they legit and, if so, how was your experience booking through them?

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
16,533 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone used HotelTravel.com to book hotel stay?

Put the term into the search box - the one in the upper right corner of the page (general search, all forums) - just type in hoteltravel.com or hoteltravel. Several posts on them, some recent.

Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone used HotelTravel.com to book hotel stay?

I used them recently and will not again. First, I found a lower rate on a competitor's site shortly after booking on Hoteltravel & I sent the email as instructed by one of the online representatives. However, when I called a week later to inquire about it, supposedly they never received my email so I forwarded it to them. Two additional days later, still no reply.

Also, I was charged an international fee of 3% & no where is foreign currency listed on their site.

3. Re: Has anyone used HotelTravel.com to book hotel stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 July 2015, 05:16