We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking through Travel Republic

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Topic
Booking through Travel Republic

Hi, I'd appreciate any info regarding personal experiences or knowledge here, good or bad.

I've read about some bad experiences with TR.

But the flight I'm looking at is a little cheaper with TR than with Ryanair direct, Ryanair charges more for luggage. I'm a bit worried I'll find out that they never booked in my luggage and I'll get charged a fortune at the airport. It doesn't make much sense that it'd be cheaper from third party!

also can't find anything on the Ryanair website about not booking through third parties? Which is the big problem I've seen people mention in forums.

The hotel I want does not have any way to book other than third party websites...so I don't feel I've much of an option there. I'm thinking I could book it and then call the hotel to ensure the booking was processed correctly?

Thanks in advance for any advice :)

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
14,166 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking through Travel Republic

The rule about 3rd party bookings is in the terms of use of Ryanair's website.

http://www.ryanair.com/en/terms-of-use

Edited: 08 February 2014, 15:10
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
25,752 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking through Travel Republic

Hi,

Go to the search box above and type in "Travel Republic", and you'll find plenty of feedback.

The hotel has no direct website at all? It's very rare they don't, even the smallest of properties usually have their own. But if that's the case, perhaps you might want to consider one of the more reputable third parties, who have direct contracts with the hotel.

Even then, the precaution you've mentioned about contacting the hotel to reconfirm still applies.

Edited: 09 February 2014, 00:40
Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
36,030 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking through Travel Republic

I wouldn't book a Ryanair flight through TR. All the ones I've ever checked they luggage prices, and final prices with TR are the same as Ryanair.

I certainly wouldn't book through an OTA just to save a couple of quid.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking through Travel Republic

Thanks everyone.

We ended up booking through ryanair directly and through alpharooms for the hotel. The hotel had a website but it was 2 years out of date and had no way of paying, so I'd have to call and give credit card details over the phone. Knowing how easy it is for any Joe Soap to make a website, there's no way I'd call and share my credit card details over the phone as I could really be giving them to anyone. The hotel was cheaper through alpharooms so the price worked out the same as we'd originally hoped for :)

Carlisle, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Booking through Travel Republic

We have used travel republic for many years and have always been very satisfied with the service we have received, they have never let us down and the hotels we have booked have always provided us with their best rooms, sea views etc at no extra charge, we are currently staying at the hotel Torre Dorada in Benidorm and we have been 100% satisfied with the hotel, staff and food.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Booking through Travel Republic

Glad to hear it Lacasita, I don't know how true what I've read online about them is, I thought they were a reputable company and know many people use them without any hassle. But I guess I let my paranoid side win over :)

7. Re: Booking through Travel Republic

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 February 2015, 07:18
Get answers to your questions