We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

confirm my itinerary

Sydney, Australia
2 posts
Save Topic
confirm my itinerary

Hi TA peeps,

We are soon to pack up our lives and travel for 6 months, three months of which will be spent in Europe. Hoping that I can get a rough guide on our itinerary and if there are not enough or too much days in each. The list below is the nights that will be spent in each place, so assume a half to full day of travelling between each. We probably wont get another chance to see Europe for a long time, so have opted for this crazy schedule.

We like to see historical sights and eat interesting foods (I used to be a chef), nothing too fancy. We are a young couple so will walk around a lot no worries and we are mostly looking to see the main attractions in each City. Also, we are from a beautiful beach city in Australia, so beaches are not what we are after for this trip (with the exception of Santorini).

We have about a total of 20000 Euro to spend in the 90 days that includes all accommodation, food, travel and attractions. I have an estimate of about 5000 Euro on travel, and about 9000 Euro on accommodation. So our budget is about 6000 Euro for food and attractions or 67 Eur per day.

On 67 Eur a day - where would you likely spend more time or less time in out of these destinations - happy for you to say to drop a particular place in order to spend more time in another, we just want real peoples opinions:

Also, we are currently 3 nights short - where would you spend more time?

Athens 3

Santorini 4

Rome 5

Florence 5

Bologna 3

Venice 2

Milan 2

Munich 3

Vienna 4

Prague 5

Berlin 4

Cologne 3

Amsterdam 3

London 5

Paris 6

Bordeaux 3

San Sebastian 3

Madrid 5

Granada 3

Barcelona 5

Nice 3

Lyon 3

Zurich 4

Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
11,144 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: confirm my itinerary

I don't think this question belongs on the bargain travel forum.

Edited: 10 February 2014, 13:29
San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
64,765 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: confirm my itinerary

Maybe post this on the train forum since you'll probably be using that as transportation in Europe?

The only way I know to decide how many days you need in each city is to sit down and make a list of the things you'd like to see/do in each place and add up how much time that will take. I don't think I'd spend 4 days in Zurich and I would add time to Venice but it is a very expensive city so plan accordingly!!

Here is a link to the train forum:

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,799 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: confirm my itinerary

Or maybe the Road Trips Forum...

4. Re: confirm my itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 February 2015, 06:18
Get answers to your questions
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question