We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

holiday brokers - gone bust for accommodation.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
10,989 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
holiday brokers - gone bust for accommodation.

Was just reading on the Tenerife forum that holiday brokers went bust yesterday, looked on abta page and it's there about it.

I just checked our holiday voucher that we have for our apts in sept for gumbet we booked through sunshine.co.uk and they used holiday brokers...... :>(

Our turkey and Germany ones were with other providers....phew.

I contacted them and they replied straight away with this.

<<It is with regret your booking has been affected by the accommodation supplier used going in to administration, but your funds are perfectly safe and protected.

We are currently working through all bookings in date order and will be in touch in due course.>>

Which is fair enough as people will have booking for very soon and easter and they will need sorting out 1st.

Just thought I'd give you a heads up and check up and see if your booking is ok.

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
6,533 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: holiday brokers - gone bust for accommodation.

Was it "On Holiday Group" that sunshine used for your hotel????

if so, here's a link about it:

independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/on-…

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
10,989 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: holiday brokers - gone bust for accommodation.

No it says holiday brokers on our invoice.

Sunshine are sorting bookings out by date.

Edited: 09 March 2014, 16:29
stoke on trent
Level Contributor
47 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: holiday brokers - gone bust for accommodation.

Just checked my holiday paperwork, my brokers are with that group, booked with Loveholidays, not sure what do next, should I make a alternative booking direct to the hotel. Any advice would be very grateful.

Thanks Julie

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
10,989 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: holiday brokers - gone bust for accommodation.

Hi

I contacted sunshine at tea last night and received this reply about 10 mins later by e-mail.

<<It is with regret your booking has been affected by the accommodation supplier used going in to administration, but your funds are perfectly safe and protected.

We are currently working through all bookings in date order and will be in touch in due course.>>

I rang them today to see what I should do, they was lovely and appoligised, but said that it was important for them to sort out people who are due to fly out in the next few weeks which is ok by me, as we only go in sept.

But they said not to do anything yet, as there are other bed banks that they use (we have another booking with them which is with you travel bed bank for Tenerife) and they said they will be trying to get us the same accommodation, if they can't they will offer us alternative, we then have 2 options either cancel and try and get our apts maybe direct with the owner, or accept the alternative they offer.

Funny thing is we pay £200 for a 1 bed apt for 2 adults for 2 weeks, when we contact the owner he wants £150 a week, now were not going to pay him £300 when we can book it for £200..............and I can't see him getting all of that as the companies have to make their bit.

I would book direct with him, if he charged us the same as the accommodation provider.

If I was you I would just ring love holidays tomorrow and see what they say, maybe they are like sunshine and they will try and sort you out, if not maybe you can book direct with the accommodation you want.

when are you due to go?

Level Contributor
135 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: holiday brokers - gone bust for accommodation.

Claire we have booked to go back to the tosunogla in June .We have also booked with sunshine we still haven't printed our vouchers off but haven't heard from Sunshine do you know if the tosunogla is affected by this cheers Ian

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
872 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: holiday brokers - gone bust for accommodation.

Hi, I.m also booked with Sunshine, just by chance sent e mail to them yesterday, prompt reply, mine was aparently with Holiday Brokers( bed bookers) for accomadation. My accom voucher didn.t quote any provider. Sunshine said Funds were safe, sorting clients in date order, Trying to sort with other accom. providers. Suggest you send them e mail too quoting voucher reference, for peace of mind. Good luck.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
10,989 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: holiday brokers - gone bust for accommodation.

@ianbruno, we too had booked the tosunoglu with sunshine, if you log into sunshine, then click onto your booking, starts with sun then 6 numbers, it will say.

supplier - holiday brokers IND

Name - Tosunoglu apts

Price.

I would imagine that they have used holiday brokers for all of the tosunoglu apts, if you then click on the contact us on the left hand side, you will see your booking and you can contact them, we received a reply via e-mail very quickly and it just said this.

Seems it's the same message they are sending out to all people who have booked, I then rang up , but was just told they was sorry, and that they was working through bookings by date, and we would be contacted soon.

And to wait until they contact us, we had not paid in full, as there was a offer on for £1 deposit, and the balance 8 weeks before we go, and we only go in sept.

We'll see if they come back with the same apts if not, then we'll have to contact memhet and hope that he doesn't charge more than sunshine do, but in the past he always has.

@frangipan , which apts were you booked into, if you don't mind me asking.

Edited: 10 March 2014, 21:02
Level Contributor
135 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: holiday brokers - gone bust for accommodation.

Last year John and Sandra booked directly with memhet I know a few people that have booked direct and paid a lot more than the travel agents charged.surely it is up to sunshine to pay any extra money to the tosunogla.we have a binding contract with sunshine and have booked to stay in the tosunogla.Bit different if the apartments have closed down .we have also booked with them to go to Spain in August sure it will be sorted out Ian

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
872 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: holiday brokers - gone bust for accommodation.

Hi Claire, not booked these apartments, mines a Hotel in Alanya with sunshine. Paying accomadation direct to Hotels is usually more expensive than booking with a travel company but sure they will sort it all shortly, it,s just the uncertainty. Think anyone having to pay twice and then claim should use a credit card for a bit of protection.

Actually had overnight e mail from Sunshine reminding me of balance which isn't due for awhile , lol , I didn,t. Aparently over 100,000 folk will be affected. Many won,t know yet or don,t think it affects them but covers lots of resorts and different trading names., why I tried to give heads up on this. Good luck with yours.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
10,989 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: holiday brokers - gone bust for accommodation.

@ianbruno, have u checked who sunshine have used for your spain accommodation, we have Tenerife at new year booked with sunshine, but for this accommodation they used you travel, which they have confirmed to me, is a different company and this booking is safe.

I've just messaged john on facebook as they was on about going out in sept, but they've not booked anything for this year yet.

We only paid £1 deposit but not that bad, I get the e-mails every month regarding your balance, it's just a reminder, as you can pay monthly.

I'll leave it a week and then contact them and see what they come up with.

good luck frangipan.