We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bookit.com has better deals than CheapCaribbean.com

Fortson, Georgia
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Bookit.com has better deals than CheapCaribbean.com

I placed a reservation with CheapCaribbean.com, but found the same exact vacation package with Bookit.com a day and a half later for $200 less. Knowing I was beyond CheapCaribbean's 24 hour price match time frame, I called them anyway to see if they would do anything out of courtesy and they wouldn't. Make sure you include Bookit.com during your search to find the best deals.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,933 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bookit.com has better deals than CheapCaribbean.com

I choose neither. I've used websites like these before, to comparison shop, but will usually go back to the direct vendor - airline or resort - for peace of mind and so I don't have to deal with a 3rd party. As for $200, could be a seat opened up on a flight at a lower fare class.

Fortson, Georgia
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Bookit.com has better deals than CheapCaribbean.com

Same exact flights, no fare change between the two days. I'm really surprised that CheapCaribbean didn't offer anything.

Syracuse, New York
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, West Bay, Syracuse, Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
5,585 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bookit.com has better deals than CheapCaribbean.com

The general advice on here is that these "deals" turn out to be not what you expect - sure, some may get a good deal and have a good experience, but when things go wrong - schedules change, family emergencies, etc, the after-sale customer service of these sorts of places is often ridiculously sub-standard.

The question is whether not people want to risk thousands of dollars and a good vacation for the sake of a few dollars. It really can be "false economy", because of the increased level of risk that putting another person in the loop of you getting what you pay for can lead to.

4. Re: Bookit.com has better deals than CheapCaribbean.com

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 March 2015, 05:17