We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking . com

Sydney, Australia
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Booking . com

I have booked some hotels with the above company.,They have confirmed my bookings and my credit card has been debited with the full amount of my stay ,thats ok but i dont have any voucher to hand over to the hotel on my arrival to say that i have paid the full amount of my stay. HAS ANYBODY DONE BUSSINESS BEFORE WITH BOOKING.COM AND HAS IT WORKED OUT OK

ANTHONY S

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
43,615 posts
266 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking . com

Hi Anthony,

This is the Support forum--a forum to ask for general assistance using this website. You may want to post again on your destination forum.

I have used booking.com as a traveler and use it also for our hotel. Booking.com usually does not charge you for your stay. You pay your hotel directly. Are you certain you paid on their site and not through the hotel's site? If you did pay through booking.com, you should be able to sign on to your booking.com account and retrieve your reservation as well as payment receipt. If you don't have an account, then all you can do is contact booking.com or the hotel to see if they got your paid reservation.

Happy travels,

Silvia

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,943 posts
TripAdvisor Staff  
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking . com

Hi Anthony,

I noticed that you inadvertently posted your question on the TripAdvisor Support Forum, so I have moved the topic on your behalf to the Bargain Travel Form. I hope you find the information you need to plan your upcoming travels.

Kind regards,

TA_Jane

TripAdvisor Support Team

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
25,755 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking . com

There is no voucher system used by Booking.com, your confirmation is sufficient.

If you have a look carefully at your bank statement, you'll see that the charge has been processed by the hotel, NOT Booking.com.

With any reservation through Booking.com, you have to read the policy of each hotel, as the payment method varies from hotel to hotel.

But all is fine, you're dealing with the largest hotel only booking site in the world.

If you have concerns, contact the hotels directly, not via Booking.com - much faster

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,418 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking . com

If the OP wants to do more research on this company - here is a link to MANY previous posts on them.

www.tripadvisor.com/SearchForums…

Level Contributor
16 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Booking . com

Hi Antony

Your booking is definitely safe and the hotel will know all about your booking and payment details. Just turn up and announce your name, they will probably ask which company you've booked through, job done!

I have used this company many times and they are very good.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,418 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Booking . com

I disagree with the last response. DO NOT wait until your trip and just turn up and announce your name. If you have concerns, do as Post #3 suggests and contact the local hotel directly, in advance of your trip - to reconfirm your reservation. This will likely offer you some peace of mind.

White Beach...
Destination Expert
for Tasmania
Level Contributor
1,602 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Booking . com

Booking.com should have sent you a booking confirmation detailing exactly what you have booked including how payment is taken. As others have said, whether payment is taken in advance is individual hotel policy. I can see why you are unsure who has taken payment as you give the credit card details to booking.com then the payment appears on your credit card but it will definitely have been the hotel that has taken the payment. This should be clear on the booking confirmation you received from booking,com.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,927 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Booking . com

All bookings have a booking number and then a 4 digit pin. Best to set up a travel email address for the confirmations to be sent to then you have them all in the one place.

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
for Larnaka City, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
6,250 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Booking . com

I have used booking.com loads of times, never had a problem just take your conformation e-mail .

10. Re: Booking . com

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 March 2015, 05:18