We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone gotten a buddy pass through a site like this?

Redwood City...
Level Contributor
11 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Has anyone gotten a buddy pass through a site like this?

I have enough miles to get to Hawaii with my friend who already has the room, car, etc. I need return flight and cheap cause I'm on disability. Part of the reason I would go is cause I've been mostly in the house since lost my son 1/2012 and have been disabled for a long time. I am however able to make the trip cause the friend I'm going with knows my needs. Also I would be very close to the beach so I can lay down and rest anytime. Just wondering...only legit answers please...or are there any great last minute sites that sell air travel? thanks

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone gotten a buddy pass through a site like this?

It's against the aírlines Ts&Cs to resell buddy pass tickets, anyone who did that and was caught would be fired. Therefore if you see anyone advertising such a "deal" on a site like Craigslist or similar, it's almost certainly to the 10th decimal place, a scam.

You won't see anything like it advertised here because it's against the Ts&Cs of this site to solicit, (either offering something, or asking for something.)

Redwood City...
Level Contributor
11 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone gotten a buddy pass through a site like this?

Thank you I did read about this after posting and I realized I had asked a question on a site where it wasn't appropriate. I have a friend that works for an airline and spoke to him and he explained that he can give to family and friends as a gift only as can any employee that is a family or friend. I get it and am glad in a way that it did come up so no one else asks. This isn't the way to do it. You either have family and friends that work for an airline or you look online for the best deals. My apologies.

3. Re: Has anyone gotten a buddy pass through a site like this?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 April 2015, 06:15